May 7, 2012, 9:11 PM EDT
Are the Nashville Predators’ “lost” and “gone” or is there still hope for this club? The NBC panel weighed in on Predators coach Barry Trotz decision to insert Andrei Kostitsyn and Alexander Radulov back into the lineup for Game 5:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Kostitsyn is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this summer after the Predators acquired him from Montreal at the trade deadline. Nashville gave up a second rounder and returned the conditional pick that it got in the Hal Gill deal.
Radulov will become a restricted free agent this summer, but it’s hard to say what his intentions are.
It is worth noting that the Predators were likely motivated to get Kostitsyn as part of their effort to convince Ryan Suter, whose contract expires this summer, that Nashville is a competitive franchise that’s looking up. It still remains to be seen if their mid-season moves truly helped.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5