May 7, 2012, 9:11 PM EDT
Are the Nashville Predators’ “lost” and “gone” or is there still hope for this club? The NBC panel weighed in on Predators coach Barry Trotz decision to insert Andrei Kostitsyn and Alexander Radulov back into the lineup for Game 5:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Kostitsyn is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this summer after the Predators acquired him from Montreal at the trade deadline. Nashville gave up a second rounder and returned the conditional pick that it got in the Hal Gill deal.
Radulov will become a restricted free agent this summer, but it’s hard to say what his intentions are.
It is worth noting that the Predators were likely motivated to get Kostitsyn as part of their effort to convince Ryan Suter, whose contract expires this summer, that Nashville is a competitive franchise that’s looking up. It still remains to be seen if their mid-season moves truly helped.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 19
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 83
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 96
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)