May 7, 2012, 9:11 PM EDT
Are the Nashville Predators’ “lost” and “gone” or is there still hope for this club? The NBC panel weighed in on Predators coach Barry Trotz decision to insert Andrei Kostitsyn and Alexander Radulov back into the lineup for Game 5:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Kostitsyn is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this summer after the Predators acquired him from Montreal at the trade deadline. Nashville gave up a second rounder and returned the conditional pick that it got in the Hal Gill deal.
Radulov will become a restricted free agent this summer, but it’s hard to say what his intentions are.
It is worth noting that the Predators were likely motivated to get Kostitsyn as part of their effort to convince Ryan Suter, whose contract expires this summer, that Nashville is a competitive franchise that’s looking up. It still remains to be seen if their mid-season moves truly helped.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)