May 7, 2012, 9:11 PM EDT
Are the Nashville Predators’ “lost” and “gone” or is there still hope for this club? The NBC panel weighed in on Predators coach Barry Trotz decision to insert Andrei Kostitsyn and Alexander Radulov back into the lineup for Game 5:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Kostitsyn is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this summer after the Predators acquired him from Montreal at the trade deadline. Nashville gave up a second rounder and returned the conditional pick that it got in the Hal Gill deal.
Radulov will become a restricted free agent this summer, but it’s hard to say what his intentions are.
It is worth noting that the Predators were likely motivated to get Kostitsyn as part of their effort to convince Ryan Suter, whose contract expires this summer, that Nashville is a competitive franchise that’s looking up. It still remains to be seen if their mid-season moves truly helped.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 5
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55