May 7, 2012, 9:11 PM EST
Are the Nashville Predators’ “lost” and “gone” or is there still hope for this club? The NBC panel weighed in on Predators coach Barry Trotz decision to insert Andrei Kostitsyn and Alexander Radulov back into the lineup for Game 5:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Kostitsyn is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this summer after the Predators acquired him from Montreal at the trade deadline. Nashville gave up a second rounder and returned the conditional pick that it got in the Hal Gill deal.
Radulov will become a restricted free agent this summer, but it’s hard to say what his intentions are.
It is worth noting that the Predators were likely motivated to get Kostitsyn as part of their effort to convince Ryan Suter, whose contract expires this summer, that Nashville is a competitive franchise that’s looking up. It still remains to be seen if their mid-season moves truly helped.
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24