May 7, 2012, 8:46 PM EDT
Colin Wilson will get a chance to show what he can do on the Predators’ first line in Game 5 on Monday. However, with Nashville facing elimination, he’s on a short leash.
“Colin Wilson will have to be good or he’ll move down the lineup,” Predators coach Barry Trotz said. “That’s the law of the land in the playoffs.”
Sergei Kostitsyn is on the other end of the spectrum. Wilson’s promotion combined with his brother, Andrei Kostitsyn, and Alexander Radulov being inserted back into the lineup, will cause Sergei to start Monday’s game on one of the bottom-two lines.
“All the decisions are based on winning the hockey game,” Trotz said. “So you’ve got to check your ego. If it’s not sitting well with him, I’d be disappointed. In terms of not responding, I expect him to respond and if anybody is not going, he’d be a guy to move up.”
Trotz still thinks Sergei is a “smart” and “useful” player. We’ll see what the Kostitsyn brothers and Radulov can do to redeem themselves on Monday and if it’ll be enough to prolong the Predators’ season.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)