May 7, 2012, 8:46 PM EDT
Colin Wilson will get a chance to show what he can do on the Predators’ first line in Game 5 on Monday. However, with Nashville facing elimination, he’s on a short leash.
“Colin Wilson will have to be good or he’ll move down the lineup,” Predators coach Barry Trotz said. “That’s the law of the land in the playoffs.”
Sergei Kostitsyn is on the other end of the spectrum. Wilson’s promotion combined with his brother, Andrei Kostitsyn, and Alexander Radulov being inserted back into the lineup, will cause Sergei to start Monday’s game on one of the bottom-two lines.
“All the decisions are based on winning the hockey game,” Trotz said. “So you’ve got to check your ego. If it’s not sitting well with him, I’d be disappointed. In terms of not responding, I expect him to respond and if anybody is not going, he’d be a guy to move up.”
Trotz still thinks Sergei is a “smart” and “useful” player. We’ll see what the Kostitsyn brothers and Radulov can do to redeem themselves on Monday and if it’ll be enough to prolong the Predators’ season.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)