May 7, 2012, 8:46 PM EDT
Colin Wilson will get a chance to show what he can do on the Predators’ first line in Game 5 on Monday. However, with Nashville facing elimination, he’s on a short leash.
“Colin Wilson will have to be good or he’ll move down the lineup,” Predators coach Barry Trotz said. “That’s the law of the land in the playoffs.”
Sergei Kostitsyn is on the other end of the spectrum. Wilson’s promotion combined with his brother, Andrei Kostitsyn, and Alexander Radulov being inserted back into the lineup, will cause Sergei to start Monday’s game on one of the bottom-two lines.
“All the decisions are based on winning the hockey game,” Trotz said. “So you’ve got to check your ego. If it’s not sitting well with him, I’d be disappointed. In terms of not responding, I expect him to respond and if anybody is not going, he’d be a guy to move up.”
Trotz still thinks Sergei is a “smart” and “useful” player. We’ll see what the Kostitsyn brothers and Radulov can do to redeem themselves on Monday and if it’ll be enough to prolong the Predators’ season.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)