May 7, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
Whenever you ask me to picture the St. Louis Blues, the first image that pops into my mind is Brett Hull unleashing ridiculous one-timers. He bounced around to quite a few other teams before retiring, but with the balance of power in the organization primed to shift to (previously minority) owner Tom Stillman on Wednesday, that bond might be highlighted once again.
Andy Strickland provides some insight into tweaks that might come to St. Louis, with “administrative changes” heading the list. Those changes could include a role for Hull but won’t mean that GM Doug Armstrong will need to find a new job.
Whenever you transition into new Ownership, changes are usually made. I expect to see significant administrative changes in the not too distant future.
Doug Armstrong will remain on board as the Blues’ [GM].
There’s also the strong likelihood of Hall of Famer Brett Hull returning to the organization. Although no official agreement has been made Hull is expected to assist Stillman on both the business and hockey side. This will be a full-time job for Hull who will once again be a visible member of the organization and the community.
Significant changes will be made on the business side as well. Stillman has indicated he will take a heavy hands-on approach to running the organization in the early stages.
Strickland follows up the scuttlebutt regarding Hull with a Tweet that an exact role hasn’t been determined, but he’d likely assist Stillman on the “hockey and business side.” (Feel free to insert your favorite “Ambassador of Fun” joke here.)
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)