May 7, 2012, 8:00 PM EST
Whenever you ask me to picture the St. Louis Blues, the first image that pops into my mind is Brett Hull unleashing ridiculous one-timers. He bounced around to quite a few other teams before retiring, but with the balance of power in the organization primed to shift to (previously minority) owner Tom Stillman on Wednesday, that bond might be highlighted once again.
Andy Strickland provides some insight into tweaks that might come to St. Louis, with “administrative changes” heading the list. Those changes could include a role for Hull but won’t mean that GM Doug Armstrong will need to find a new job.
Whenever you transition into new Ownership, changes are usually made. I expect to see significant administrative changes in the not too distant future.
Doug Armstrong will remain on board as the Blues’ [GM].
There’s also the strong likelihood of Hall of Famer Brett Hull returning to the organization. Although no official agreement has been made Hull is expected to assist Stillman on both the business and hockey side. This will be a full-time job for Hull who will once again be a visible member of the organization and the community.
Significant changes will be made on the business side as well. Stillman has indicated he will take a heavy hands-on approach to running the organization in the early stages.
Strickland follows up the scuttlebutt regarding Hull with a Tweet that an exact role hasn’t been determined, but he’d likely assist Stillman on the “hockey and business side.” (Feel free to insert your favorite “Ambassador of Fun” joke here.)
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 8
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)