May 7, 2012, 2:05 PM EDT
Upon learning he was back in the lineup, Kostitsyn said all the right things to Josh Cooper of The Tennessean.
“I’m happy to go back to the lineup,” he said following Sunday’s practice. “I’ll try to do the best for my team and help my team tomorrow night.
“We’ll try to play better, me and Rads, when we come back to the team, try to help and win the game, then come back to Nashville and win the next game.”
(Radulov declined to speak about his return to the lineup.)
Preds head coach Barry Trotz has come under fire for holding Kostitsyn and Radulov out in Game 4, which he deemed a “hockey decision” after the pair were punished by sitting Game 3. Nashville looked anemic offensively in the 1-0 loss, putting just 25 shots on goal (and only two on three power play opportunities.)
Preds forward Mike Fisher figures the pair will re-ignite a dormant offense.
“I think they’re obviously going to add that scoring element for us,” Fisher told The Tennessean. “I think in light of everything, you know, they’ll be ready and bring some passion to the game.
“We all know it’s not fun sitting out, so I think they’re going to come back fired up and be real big for us.”
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 10
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 46
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (82)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)