May 7, 2012, 2:05 PM EDT
Upon learning he was back in the lineup, Kostitsyn said all the right things to Josh Cooper of The Tennessean.
“I’m happy to go back to the lineup,” he said following Sunday’s practice. “I’ll try to do the best for my team and help my team tomorrow night.
“We’ll try to play better, me and Rads, when we come back to the team, try to help and win the game, then come back to Nashville and win the next game.”
(Radulov declined to speak about his return to the lineup.)
Preds head coach Barry Trotz has come under fire for holding Kostitsyn and Radulov out in Game 4, which he deemed a “hockey decision” after the pair were punished by sitting Game 3. Nashville looked anemic offensively in the 1-0 loss, putting just 25 shots on goal (and only two on three power play opportunities.)
Preds forward Mike Fisher figures the pair will re-ignite a dormant offense.
“I think they’re obviously going to add that scoring element for us,” Fisher told The Tennessean. “I think in light of everything, you know, they’ll be ready and bring some passion to the game.
“We all know it’s not fun sitting out, so I think they’re going to come back fired up and be real big for us.”
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (59)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)