May 7, 2012, 2:05 PM EDT
Upon learning he was back in the lineup, Kostitsyn said all the right things to Josh Cooper of The Tennessean.
“I’m happy to go back to the lineup,” he said following Sunday’s practice. “I’ll try to do the best for my team and help my team tomorrow night.
“We’ll try to play better, me and Rads, when we come back to the team, try to help and win the game, then come back to Nashville and win the next game.”
(Radulov declined to speak about his return to the lineup.)
Preds head coach Barry Trotz has come under fire for holding Kostitsyn and Radulov out in Game 4, which he deemed a “hockey decision” after the pair were punished by sitting Game 3. Nashville looked anemic offensively in the 1-0 loss, putting just 25 shots on goal (and only two on three power play opportunities.)
Preds forward Mike Fisher figures the pair will re-ignite a dormant offense.
“I think they’re obviously going to add that scoring element for us,” Fisher told The Tennessean. “I think in light of everything, you know, they’ll be ready and bring some passion to the game.
“We all know it’s not fun sitting out, so I think they’re going to come back fired up and be real big for us.”
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 14
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 21
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 62
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 53
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights