May 7, 2012, 2:05 PM EST
Upon learning he was back in the lineup, Kostitsyn said all the right things to Josh Cooper of The Tennessean.
“I’m happy to go back to the lineup,” he said following Sunday’s practice. “I’ll try to do the best for my team and help my team tomorrow night.
“We’ll try to play better, me and Rads, when we come back to the team, try to help and win the game, then come back to Nashville and win the next game.”
(Radulov declined to speak about his return to the lineup.)
Preds head coach Barry Trotz has come under fire for holding Kostitsyn and Radulov out in Game 4, which he deemed a “hockey decision” after the pair were punished by sitting Game 3. Nashville looked anemic offensively in the 1-0 loss, putting just 25 shots on goal (and only two on three power play opportunities.)
Preds forward Mike Fisher figures the pair will re-ignite a dormant offense.
“I think they’re obviously going to add that scoring element for us,” Fisher told The Tennessean. “I think in light of everything, you know, they’ll be ready and bring some passion to the game.
“We all know it’s not fun sitting out, so I think they’re going to come back fired up and be real big for us.”
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 24
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 35
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 77
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)