May 7, 2012, 2:27 PM EDT
“Where that story came from, I don’t know,” Getzlaf said today, as per CP. “It was way out of proportion. Way, way overblown. It was nothing like what was reported.”
So what exactly happened that a Finnish media outlet felt was worthy of reporting?
“Somebody tried to start an argument at the door. I said ‘No! No! No!“’ he explained. “It wasn’t much more than that. There were never any punches thrown. Nothing, no incident.”
—- No physical altercation.
—- No curfew.
—- No game Sunday.
Canada smoked France, 7-2, today.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 98
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (99)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)