May 7, 2012, 2:27 PM EST
“Where that story came from, I don’t know,” Getzlaf said today, as per CP. “It was way out of proportion. Way, way overblown. It was nothing like what was reported.”
So what exactly happened that a Finnish media outlet felt was worthy of reporting?
“Somebody tried to start an argument at the door. I said ‘No! No! No!“’ he explained. “It wasn’t much more than that. There were never any punches thrown. Nothing, no incident.”
—- No physical altercation.
—- No curfew.
—- No game Sunday.
Canada smoked France, 7-2, today.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)