May 7, 2012, 2:27 PM EDT
“Where that story came from, I don’t know,” Getzlaf said today, as per CP. “It was way out of proportion. Way, way overblown. It was nothing like what was reported.”
So what exactly happened that a Finnish media outlet felt was worthy of reporting?
“Somebody tried to start an argument at the door. I said ‘No! No! No!“’ he explained. “It wasn’t much more than that. There were never any punches thrown. Nothing, no incident.”
—- No physical altercation.
—- No curfew.
—- No game Sunday.
Canada smoked France, 7-2, today.
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight vs. B’s 0
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 20
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 83
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 96
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)