May 7, 2012, 2:27 PM EDT
“Where that story came from, I don’t know,” Getzlaf said today, as per CP. “It was way out of proportion. Way, way overblown. It was nothing like what was reported.”
So what exactly happened that a Finnish media outlet felt was worthy of reporting?
“Somebody tried to start an argument at the door. I said ‘No! No! No!“’ he explained. “It wasn’t much more than that. There were never any punches thrown. Nothing, no incident.”
—- No physical altercation.
—- No curfew.
—- No game Sunday.
Canada smoked France, 7-2, today.
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 0
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 11
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 25
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 45
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 56
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles