May 7, 2012, 1:11 PM EDT
This is mostly just an excuse to post this video…
…but we suppose what Capitals associate goalie coach Olie Kolzig said about Braden Holtby’s routines and rituals is sort of interesting.
“One thing that maybe we’ll address next year is just the amount of stuff – Holtbyisms as you guys call them,” Kolzig said, as per CSNWashington.com. “Maybe we can cut those down a bit, because eventually it’s going to wear on him and it’ll burn him out.
“But for right now it’s working, so don’t mess with it. I think the more he plays here, the more comfortable he’s going to get and the more confident. Once he starts feeling a lot more like he’s part of the NHL, I think some of that stuff will filter or phase out. But right now, whatever he’s doing is working, and guys are feeding off of it.”
Holtby has admittedly had trouble controlling his nerves in the past. Perhaps the “Holtbyisms” are a way to distract his anxious mind.
Or maybe he’s just another weird goalie.
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 7
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 17
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 52
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 21
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner