May 7, 2012, 1:11 PM EDT
This is mostly just an excuse to post this video…
…but we suppose what Capitals associate goalie coach Olie Kolzig said about Braden Holtby’s routines and rituals is sort of interesting.
“One thing that maybe we’ll address next year is just the amount of stuff – Holtbyisms as you guys call them,” Kolzig said, as per CSNWashington.com. “Maybe we can cut those down a bit, because eventually it’s going to wear on him and it’ll burn him out.
“But for right now it’s working, so don’t mess with it. I think the more he plays here, the more comfortable he’s going to get and the more confident. Once he starts feeling a lot more like he’s part of the NHL, I think some of that stuff will filter or phase out. But right now, whatever he’s doing is working, and guys are feeding off of it.”
Holtby has admittedly had trouble controlling his nerves in the past. Perhaps the “Holtbyisms” are a way to distract his anxious mind.
Or maybe he’s just another weird goalie.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)