May 7, 2012, 1:11 PM EST
This is mostly just an excuse to post this video…
…but we suppose what Capitals associate goalie coach Olie Kolzig said about Braden Holtby’s routines and rituals is sort of interesting.
“One thing that maybe we’ll address next year is just the amount of stuff – Holtbyisms as you guys call them,” Kolzig said, as per CSNWashington.com. “Maybe we can cut those down a bit, because eventually it’s going to wear on him and it’ll burn him out.
“But for right now it’s working, so don’t mess with it. I think the more he plays here, the more comfortable he’s going to get and the more confident. Once he starts feeling a lot more like he’s part of the NHL, I think some of that stuff will filter or phase out. But right now, whatever he’s doing is working, and guys are feeding off of it.”
Holtby has admittedly had trouble controlling his nerves in the past. Perhaps the “Holtbyisms” are a way to distract his anxious mind.
Or maybe he’s just another weird goalie.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (146)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)