May 7, 2012, 6:41 PM EST
If the Manitoba Liquor Control Commission is doling out free Winnipeg Jets tickets to provincial government officials, we could have a very Canadian political firestorm on our hands.
Ron Schuler, the opposition party’s liquor critic, is trying to get to the bottom of things, according to the Canadian Press.
…the commission gets 10 season tickets that can be divided up and given out for promotions or other purposes.
[Schuler] asked for a list of recipients six weeks ago and says he hasn’t had a reply.
The minister responsible for the liquor commission, Jim Rondeau, says staff are still working on the information and it will be provided soon.
In an unrelated story that popped up in a Google search, did you know they started serving booze at movie theaters in Manitoba?
I feel like that’s an awful idea.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 22
- BREAKING: Flames fire Feaster 34
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 77
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)