May 7, 2012, 6:41 PM EST
If the Manitoba Liquor Control Commission is doling out free Winnipeg Jets tickets to provincial government officials, we could have a very Canadian political firestorm on our hands.
Ron Schuler, the opposition party’s liquor critic, is trying to get to the bottom of things, according to the Canadian Press.
…the commission gets 10 season tickets that can be divided up and given out for promotions or other purposes.
[Schuler] asked for a list of recipients six weeks ago and says he hasn’t had a reply.
The minister responsible for the liquor commission, Jim Rondeau, says staff are still working on the information and it will be provided soon.
In an unrelated story that popped up in a Google search, did you know they started serving booze at movie theaters in Manitoba?
I feel like that’s an awful idea.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)