May 7, 2012, 6:41 PM EDT
If the Manitoba Liquor Control Commission is doling out free Winnipeg Jets tickets to provincial government officials, we could have a very Canadian political firestorm on our hands.
Ron Schuler, the opposition party’s liquor critic, is trying to get to the bottom of things, according to the Canadian Press.
…the commission gets 10 season tickets that can be divided up and given out for promotions or other purposes.
[Schuler] asked for a list of recipients six weeks ago and says he hasn’t had a reply.
The minister responsible for the liquor commission, Jim Rondeau, says staff are still working on the information and it will be provided soon.
In an unrelated story that popped up in a Google search, did you know they started serving booze at movie theaters in Manitoba?
I feel like that’s an awful idea.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)