May 7, 2012, 6:41 PM EDT
If the Manitoba Liquor Control Commission is doling out free Winnipeg Jets tickets to provincial government officials, we could have a very Canadian political firestorm on our hands.
Ron Schuler, the opposition party’s liquor critic, is trying to get to the bottom of things, according to the Canadian Press.
…the commission gets 10 season tickets that can be divided up and given out for promotions or other purposes.
[Schuler] asked for a list of recipients six weeks ago and says he hasn’t had a reply.
The minister responsible for the liquor commission, Jim Rondeau, says staff are still working on the information and it will be provided soon.
In an unrelated story that popped up in a Google search, did you know they started serving booze at movie theaters in Manitoba?
I feel like that’s an awful idea.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12