May 7, 2012, 6:41 PM EDT
If the Manitoba Liquor Control Commission is doling out free Winnipeg Jets tickets to provincial government officials, we could have a very Canadian political firestorm on our hands.
Ron Schuler, the opposition party’s liquor critic, is trying to get to the bottom of things, according to the Canadian Press.
…the commission gets 10 season tickets that can be divided up and given out for promotions or other purposes.
[Schuler] asked for a list of recipients six weeks ago and says he hasn’t had a reply.
The minister responsible for the liquor commission, Jim Rondeau, says staff are still working on the information and it will be provided soon.
In an unrelated story that popped up in a Google search, did you know they started serving booze at movie theaters in Manitoba?
I feel like that’s an awful idea.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 14
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 32
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21