May 6, 2012, 6:31 PM EDT
— It seemed Nolan bit off more than he could chew with Stewart, even though Nolan’s been a fairly active pugilist over the last two years. Stewart goes 6-foot-2, 225-pounds and dropped the mitts six times this season.
— Regardless, the fight gave the Kings a spark. Dustin Brown scored the game-winning goal about five minutes later.
— Stewart got roundly razzed on Twitter for the shhh routine. “Chris Stewart tried the [Max] Talbot ‘shush’? Down 3-0?” wrote Seth Rorabaugh of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “That should be an automatic one-game suspension.”
— That said, Stewart was one of the few Blues that improved as this series went along. After being a healthy scratch in Game 2, Stewart responded with a pair of goals in Game 3 and finished today with four hits, almost 14 minutes of ice time and the decisive win over Nolan.
— It won’t make up for his poor regular season, but it does send Stewart into the summer on a high. That’s important, because he’s a restricted free agent on July 1, along with fellow forwards TJ Oshie and David Perron.
Note: As you can see from the strikethrough, I mixed up Jordan Nolan with his older brother, Brandon. Apologies for the error — not my finest hour.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 4
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)