May 6, 2012, 8:41 PM EST
NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan has decided not to let Rostislav Klesla play in Game 5 of the Phoenix Coyotes’ second round series. Klesla will be forced to serve a one-game suspension for shoving Nashville’s Matt Halischuk into the boards during Friday’s contest.
You can view Shanahan’s explanation below:
The fact that Halischuk returned to the game and that Klesla does not have a suspension history related to this kind of a hit worked in Klesla’s favor. Still, the Coyotes will miss his presence in Game 5.
Klesla has been great in the playoffs with two goals and six points in 10 games. Phoenix needs just one more win to advance to the Western Conference Finals.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)