May 6, 2012, 8:41 PM EDT
NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan has decided not to let Rostislav Klesla play in Game 5 of the Phoenix Coyotes’ second round series. Klesla will be forced to serve a one-game suspension for shoving Nashville’s Matt Halischuk into the boards during Friday’s contest.
You can view Shanahan’s explanation below:
The fact that Halischuk returned to the game and that Klesla does not have a suspension history related to this kind of a hit worked in Klesla’s favor. Still, the Coyotes will miss his presence in Game 5.
Klesla has been great in the playoffs with two goals and six points in 10 games. Phoenix needs just one more win to advance to the Western Conference Finals.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 4
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 11
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 12
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4