May 6, 2012, 8:41 PM EST
NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan has decided not to let Rostislav Klesla play in Game 5 of the Phoenix Coyotes’ second round series. Klesla will be forced to serve a one-game suspension for shoving Nashville’s Matt Halischuk into the boards during Friday’s contest.
You can view Shanahan’s explanation below:
The fact that Halischuk returned to the game and that Klesla does not have a suspension history related to this kind of a hit worked in Klesla’s favor. Still, the Coyotes will miss his presence in Game 5.
Klesla has been great in the playoffs with two goals and six points in 10 games. Phoenix needs just one more win to advance to the Western Conference Finals.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 16
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)