May 6, 2012, 8:41 PM EDT
NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan has decided not to let Rostislav Klesla play in Game 5 of the Phoenix Coyotes’ second round series. Klesla will be forced to serve a one-game suspension for shoving Nashville’s Matt Halischuk into the boards during Friday’s contest.
You can view Shanahan’s explanation below:
The fact that Halischuk returned to the game and that Klesla does not have a suspension history related to this kind of a hit worked in Klesla’s favor. Still, the Coyotes will miss his presence in Game 5.
Klesla has been great in the playoffs with two goals and six points in 10 games. Phoenix needs just one more win to advance to the Western Conference Finals.
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 0
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 15
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)