May 6, 2012, 1:24 PM EST
After leaving Game 3, Flyers rookie wunderkind Sean Couturier was in doubt as to whether he’d play in Game 4. The rookie defensive specialist has been a star of sorts in the playoffs and the Flyers moving ahead without him would’ve hurt.
Fear not Philly fans, CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio believes Couturier is good to go for tonight’s pivotal game against New Jersey.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren says Couturier is officially a “game-time decision” to play tonight but after his participation in the morning skate, it’d be more of a shock if he can’t go. For what it’s worth, Couturier says he’s “feeling pretty good.”
Should Couturier not be able to go tonight, Zac Rinaldo gets the call to play in his place. Rinaldo is more of a tough customer than a defensive stud when compared to Couturier and certainly wouldn’t match the kind of minutes played.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 9
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 5
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 12
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)