May 6, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
After leaving Game 3, Flyers rookie wunderkind Sean Couturier was in doubt as to whether he’d play in Game 4. The rookie defensive specialist has been a star of sorts in the playoffs and the Flyers moving ahead without him would’ve hurt.
Fear not Philly fans, CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio believes Couturier is good to go for tonight’s pivotal game against New Jersey.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren says Couturier is officially a “game-time decision” to play tonight but after his participation in the morning skate, it’d be more of a shock if he can’t go. For what it’s worth, Couturier says he’s “feeling pretty good.”
Should Couturier not be able to go tonight, Zac Rinaldo gets the call to play in his place. Rinaldo is more of a tough customer than a defensive stud when compared to Couturier and certainly wouldn’t match the kind of minutes played.
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 0
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 8
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 51
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)