May 6, 2012, 1:24 PM EST
After leaving Game 3, Flyers rookie wunderkind Sean Couturier was in doubt as to whether he’d play in Game 4. The rookie defensive specialist has been a star of sorts in the playoffs and the Flyers moving ahead without him would’ve hurt.
Fear not Philly fans, CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio believes Couturier is good to go for tonight’s pivotal game against New Jersey.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren says Couturier is officially a “game-time decision” to play tonight but after his participation in the morning skate, it’d be more of a shock if he can’t go. For what it’s worth, Couturier says he’s “feeling pretty good.”
Should Couturier not be able to go tonight, Zac Rinaldo gets the call to play in his place. Rinaldo is more of a tough customer than a defensive stud when compared to Couturier and certainly wouldn’t match the kind of minutes played.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15