May 6, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
After leaving Game 3, Flyers rookie wunderkind Sean Couturier was in doubt as to whether he’d play in Game 4. The rookie defensive specialist has been a star of sorts in the playoffs and the Flyers moving ahead without him would’ve hurt.
Fear not Philly fans, CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio believes Couturier is good to go for tonight’s pivotal game against New Jersey.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren says Couturier is officially a “game-time decision” to play tonight but after his participation in the morning skate, it’d be more of a shock if he can’t go. For what it’s worth, Couturier says he’s “feeling pretty good.”
Should Couturier not be able to go tonight, Zac Rinaldo gets the call to play in his place. Rinaldo is more of a tough customer than a defensive stud when compared to Couturier and certainly wouldn’t match the kind of minutes played.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 6
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)