May 6, 2012, 1:24 PM EST
After leaving Game 3, Flyers rookie wunderkind Sean Couturier was in doubt as to whether he’d play in Game 4. The rookie defensive specialist has been a star of sorts in the playoffs and the Flyers moving ahead without him would’ve hurt.
Fear not Philly fans, CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio believes Couturier is good to go for tonight’s pivotal game against New Jersey.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren says Couturier is officially a “game-time decision” to play tonight but after his participation in the morning skate, it’d be more of a shock if he can’t go. For what it’s worth, Couturier says he’s “feeling pretty good.”
Should Couturier not be able to go tonight, Zac Rinaldo gets the call to play in his place. Rinaldo is more of a tough customer than a defensive stud when compared to Couturier and certainly wouldn’t match the kind of minutes played.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8