May 6, 2012, 3:54 PM EST
While Jaromir Jagr has been pretty quiet against the Devils in this series, that’s not stopping him from reflecting on the past.
After this morning’s skate, Jagr talked with reporters about how a goal he scored against New Jersey as a member of the Pittsburgh Penguins back in 1999 was the biggest in his career and one he believes helped save the franchise. Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger relays Jagr’s tale of Game 6 heroism.
“I came back and I tied it with a minute and a half to go and then I scored in overtime. That was probably my best game ever, I would say. My most important for sure. I’ll probably never score a goal that important. Probably if I hadn’t scored, the team wouldn’t be in Pittsburgh right now. (Sidney) Crosby would be in Kansas City.”
Denying Sidney Crosby stardom in Pittsburgh for barbecue greatness in Kansas City is probably all for the best when you think about it. Still, you’ve got to think if Mario Lemieux still talks to Jagr he might be looking to help him out with his vision of history.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 141
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 116
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (141)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (116)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)