May 6, 2012, 10:29 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers suffered a major setback with their 4-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils on Sunday. However, that might not be the last bit of bad news they get before Game 5 on Tuesday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Giroux received a two-minute minor for his actions, but it will be up to the NHL to decide if the hit is worthy of a fine or suspension. The Devils could not capitalize on the power-play opportunity, but as it turns out, they didn’t need to.
It’s worth noting that Zubrus scored the game-winning goal for the Devils at 17:47 of the second frame. Zubrus did return for the start of the third period, which the NHL will probably consider when they decide what, if any, additional discipline is appropriate.
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 2
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 24
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)