May 6, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers suffered a major setback with their 4-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils on Sunday. However, that might not be the last bit of bad news they get before Game 5 on Tuesday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Giroux received a two-minute minor for his actions, but it will be up to the NHL to decide if the hit is worthy of a fine or suspension. The Devils could not capitalize on the power-play opportunity, but as it turns out, they didn’t need to.
It’s worth noting that Zubrus scored the game-winning goal for the Devils at 17:47 of the second frame. Zubrus did return for the start of the third period, which the NHL will probably consider when they decide what, if any, additional discipline is appropriate.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 0
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 20
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5