May 6, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers suffered a major setback with their 4-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils on Sunday. However, that might not be the last bit of bad news they get before Game 5 on Tuesday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Giroux received a two-minute minor for his actions, but it will be up to the NHL to decide if the hit is worthy of a fine or suspension. The Devils could not capitalize on the power-play opportunity, but as it turns out, they didn’t need to.
It’s worth noting that Zubrus scored the game-winning goal for the Devils at 17:47 of the second frame. Zubrus did return for the start of the third period, which the NHL will probably consider when they decide what, if any, additional discipline is appropriate.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)