May 6, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers suffered a major setback with their 4-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils on Sunday. However, that might not be the last bit of bad news they get before Game 5 on Tuesday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Giroux received a two-minute minor for his actions, but it will be up to the NHL to decide if the hit is worthy of a fine or suspension. The Devils could not capitalize on the power-play opportunity, but as it turns out, they didn’t need to.
It’s worth noting that Zubrus scored the game-winning goal for the Devils at 17:47 of the second frame. Zubrus did return for the start of the third period, which the NHL will probably consider when they decide what, if any, additional discipline is appropriate.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5