May 6, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers suffered a major setback with their 4-2 loss to the New Jersey Devils on Sunday. However, that might not be the last bit of bad news they get before Game 5 on Tuesday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Giroux received a two-minute minor for his actions, but it will be up to the NHL to decide if the hit is worthy of a fine or suspension. The Devils could not capitalize on the power-play opportunity, but as it turns out, they didn’t need to.
It’s worth noting that Zubrus scored the game-winning goal for the Devils at 17:47 of the second frame. Zubrus did return for the start of the third period, which the NHL will probably consider when they decide what, if any, additional discipline is appropriate.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)