May 6, 2012, 10:23 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers look really bad for the majority of the first 40 minutes and while they did seem like an even match for the Devils in the third period, they still ended up suffering a 4-2 loss.
After the Flyers dramatic series against the Pittsburgh Penguins, they are now one loss away from being eliminated. There aren’t any shortage of problems the Flyers are facing right now. However, it is worth noting that Ilya Bryzgalov has given up at least three goals in nine of his 10 playoff starts in 2012.
I wouldn’t put this loss on Bryzgalov, in fact he might have prevented the game from turning into a blowout, but the statistic does highlight an obvious, but still significant problem with the Philadelphia Flyers as a team. It will be interesting to see if they make any adjustments for Game 5 on Tuesday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Here’s a few interesting notes:
- The Flyers were badly out shot through the the first 40 minutes. At one point, Philadelphia went 16:23 minutes without a shot on goal.
- Martin Brodeur celebrated his 40th birthday on Sunday.
- 92% of teams that have taken a 3-1 lead in the major sports have gone on to win their series.
- Philadelphia is now 1-5 when they score first.
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 5
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 7
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 15
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 27
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 61
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)