May 6, 2012, 10:23 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers look really bad for the majority of the first 40 minutes and while they did seem like an even match for the Devils in the third period, they still ended up suffering a 4-2 loss.
After the Flyers dramatic series against the Pittsburgh Penguins, they are now one loss away from being eliminated. There aren’t any shortage of problems the Flyers are facing right now. However, it is worth noting that Ilya Bryzgalov has given up at least three goals in nine of his 10 playoff starts in 2012.
I wouldn’t put this loss on Bryzgalov, in fact he might have prevented the game from turning into a blowout, but the statistic does highlight an obvious, but still significant problem with the Philadelphia Flyers as a team. It will be interesting to see if they make any adjustments for Game 5 on Tuesday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Here’s a few interesting notes:
- The Flyers were badly out shot through the the first 40 minutes. At one point, Philadelphia went 16:23 minutes without a shot on goal.
- Martin Brodeur celebrated his 40th birthday on Sunday.
- 92% of teams that have taken a 3-1 lead in the major sports have gone on to win their series.
- Philadelphia is now 1-5 when they score first.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 5
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 28
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 14
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)