May 6, 2012, 10:23 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers look really bad for the majority of the first 40 minutes and while they did seem like an even match for the Devils in the third period, they still ended up suffering a 4-2 loss.
After the Flyers dramatic series against the Pittsburgh Penguins, they are now one loss away from being eliminated. There aren’t any shortage of problems the Flyers are facing right now. However, it is worth noting that Ilya Bryzgalov has given up at least three goals in nine of his 10 playoff starts in 2012.
I wouldn’t put this loss on Bryzgalov, in fact he might have prevented the game from turning into a blowout, but the statistic does highlight an obvious, but still significant problem with the Philadelphia Flyers as a team. It will be interesting to see if they make any adjustments for Game 5 on Tuesday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Here’s a few interesting notes:
- The Flyers were badly out shot through the the first 40 minutes. At one point, Philadelphia went 16:23 minutes without a shot on goal.
- Martin Brodeur celebrated his 40th birthday on Sunday.
- 92% of teams that have taken a 3-1 lead in the major sports have gone on to win their series.
- Philadelphia is now 1-5 when they score first.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 7
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31