May 6, 2012, 5:39 PM EDT
It’s a minor note, but worth sharing regardless. The Devils are looking to take a demanding 3-1 series lead over Philly tonight and they might have to do it without grind liner Ryan Carter.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Carter missed the team’s skate this morning and he’s “getting treatment” making him unlikely to play in tonight’s Game 4.
In his place could be young energy forward Tim Sestito. Sestito plays a physical brand of hockey and isn’t afraid to throw the body or his fists on occasion. Tim is the brother of Flyers forward Tom Sestito. No, Tom won’t be suiting up for Philly.
Carter has been spending his time on the Devils’ third and fourth lines doing his part to frustrate the Flyers’ top scoring lines. Should he miss tonight’s game, Sestito has his hands full in trying to corral the likes of Claude Giroux and Danny Briere.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)