May 6, 2012, 5:39 PM EST
It’s a minor note, but worth sharing regardless. The Devils are looking to take a demanding 3-1 series lead over Philly tonight and they might have to do it without grind liner Ryan Carter.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Carter missed the team’s skate this morning and he’s “getting treatment” making him unlikely to play in tonight’s Game 4.
In his place could be young energy forward Tim Sestito. Sestito plays a physical brand of hockey and isn’t afraid to throw the body or his fists on occasion. Tim is the brother of Flyers forward Tom Sestito. No, Tom won’t be suiting up for Philly.
Carter has been spending his time on the Devils’ third and fourth lines doing his part to frustrate the Flyers’ top scoring lines. Should he miss tonight’s game, Sestito has his hands full in trying to corral the likes of Claude Giroux and Danny Briere.
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 8
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)