May 6, 2012, 5:39 PM EDT
It’s a minor note, but worth sharing regardless. The Devils are looking to take a demanding 3-1 series lead over Philly tonight and they might have to do it without grind liner Ryan Carter.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Carter missed the team’s skate this morning and he’s “getting treatment” making him unlikely to play in tonight’s Game 4.
In his place could be young energy forward Tim Sestito. Sestito plays a physical brand of hockey and isn’t afraid to throw the body or his fists on occasion. Tim is the brother of Flyers forward Tom Sestito. No, Tom won’t be suiting up for Philly.
Carter has been spending his time on the Devils’ third and fourth lines doing his part to frustrate the Flyers’ top scoring lines. Should he miss tonight’s game, Sestito has his hands full in trying to corral the likes of Claude Giroux and Danny Briere.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7