May 6, 2012, 5:39 PM EDT
It’s a minor note, but worth sharing regardless. The Devils are looking to take a demanding 3-1 series lead over Philly tonight and they might have to do it without grind liner Ryan Carter.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports Carter missed the team’s skate this morning and he’s “getting treatment” making him unlikely to play in tonight’s Game 4.
In his place could be young energy forward Tim Sestito. Sestito plays a physical brand of hockey and isn’t afraid to throw the body or his fists on occasion. Tim is the brother of Flyers forward Tom Sestito. No, Tom won’t be suiting up for Philly.
Carter has been spending his time on the Devils’ third and fourth lines doing his part to frustrate the Flyers’ top scoring lines. Should he miss tonight’s game, Sestito has his hands full in trying to corral the likes of Claude Giroux and Danny Briere.
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 6
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 89
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (89)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)