May 6, 2012, 11:14 PM EST
If it were up to them, it looks like TSN’s panel of Bob McKenzie, Marc Crawford, and Craig Button would hand Claude Giroux some form of supplementary discipline for his questionable hit on Dainius Zubrus late in the second period. If you missed the hit, you can take a look at it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Giroux received a two-minute minor for his actions and Zubrus returned to the game. However, as McKenzie pointed out, Rostislav Klesla was just handed a one-game suspension for his hit on Matt Halischuk despite the fact that Halischuk didn’t suffer an apparent injury. That being said, it’s worth adding Klesla’s incident was obviously not the same as Giroux’s, beyond the fact that both hits were controversial.
McKenzie called Giroux’s hit is a “classic Rule 48 ‘picking’ of head violation.”
It shouldn’t surprise you to learn that Flyers coach Peter Laviolette’s has a different opinion regarding the hit. Laviolette doesn’t think Giroux’s actions on Sunday are worthy of a suspension.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 9
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)