May 6, 2012, 11:14 PM EDT
If it were up to them, it looks like TSN’s panel of Bob McKenzie, Marc Crawford, and Craig Button would hand Claude Giroux some form of supplementary discipline for his questionable hit on Dainius Zubrus late in the second period. If you missed the hit, you can take a look at it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Giroux received a two-minute minor for his actions and Zubrus returned to the game. However, as McKenzie pointed out, Rostislav Klesla was just handed a one-game suspension for his hit on Matt Halischuk despite the fact that Halischuk didn’t suffer an apparent injury. That being said, it’s worth adding Klesla’s incident was obviously not the same as Giroux’s, beyond the fact that both hits were controversial.
McKenzie called Giroux’s hit is a “classic Rule 48 ‘picking’ of head violation.”
It shouldn’t surprise you to learn that Flyers coach Peter Laviolette’s has a different opinion regarding the hit. Laviolette doesn’t think Giroux’s actions on Sunday are worthy of a suspension.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)