May 5, 2012, 2:29 PM EST
Trotz tells Joshua Cooper of The Tennessean that after sitting Radulov and Kostitsyn out for Games 3 and 4, there’s a very good chance they’ll be back in to help the Predators try and avoid elimination.
“They’re not happy we’re down 3-1 in this series,” Trotz said. “When you’re a player and been a good player for a long time, you want to be on the ice. You don’t want to be in the stands, so they’re back in the right mindset that they can make a difference here.”
Trotz came under fire after last night’s loss as the Predators struggled mightily on offense and failed to score a goal in losing to the Coyotes 1-0. Instead of putting Radulov and Kostitsyn back in, Trotz stuck with his Game 3 lineup that got Nashville back in the series for a day. With the team on the brink of elimination and heading on the road to save the season, there’s no reason to hold back now.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 5
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 8
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 11
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 26
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2