May 5, 2012, 2:29 PM EDT
Trotz tells Joshua Cooper of The Tennessean that after sitting Radulov and Kostitsyn out for Games 3 and 4, there’s a very good chance they’ll be back in to help the Predators try and avoid elimination.
“They’re not happy we’re down 3-1 in this series,” Trotz said. “When you’re a player and been a good player for a long time, you want to be on the ice. You don’t want to be in the stands, so they’re back in the right mindset that they can make a difference here.”
Trotz came under fire after last night’s loss as the Predators struggled mightily on offense and failed to score a goal in losing to the Coyotes 1-0. Instead of putting Radulov and Kostitsyn back in, Trotz stuck with his Game 3 lineup that got Nashville back in the series for a day. With the team on the brink of elimination and heading on the road to save the season, there’s no reason to hold back now.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 4
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 24
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1