May 5, 2012, 2:29 PM EDT
Trotz tells Joshua Cooper of The Tennessean that after sitting Radulov and Kostitsyn out for Games 3 and 4, there’s a very good chance they’ll be back in to help the Predators try and avoid elimination.
“They’re not happy we’re down 3-1 in this series,” Trotz said. “When you’re a player and been a good player for a long time, you want to be on the ice. You don’t want to be in the stands, so they’re back in the right mindset that they can make a difference here.”
Trotz came under fire after last night’s loss as the Predators struggled mightily on offense and failed to score a goal in losing to the Coyotes 1-0. Instead of putting Radulov and Kostitsyn back in, Trotz stuck with his Game 3 lineup that got Nashville back in the series for a day. With the team on the brink of elimination and heading on the road to save the season, there’s no reason to hold back now.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? 33
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 16
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 14
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 35
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 58
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 93
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead