May 5, 2012, 2:29 PM EDT
Trotz tells Joshua Cooper of The Tennessean that after sitting Radulov and Kostitsyn out for Games 3 and 4, there’s a very good chance they’ll be back in to help the Predators try and avoid elimination.
“They’re not happy we’re down 3-1 in this series,” Trotz said. “When you’re a player and been a good player for a long time, you want to be on the ice. You don’t want to be in the stands, so they’re back in the right mindset that they can make a difference here.”
Trotz came under fire after last night’s loss as the Predators struggled mightily on offense and failed to score a goal in losing to the Coyotes 1-0. Instead of putting Radulov and Kostitsyn back in, Trotz stuck with his Game 3 lineup that got Nashville back in the series for a day. With the team on the brink of elimination and heading on the road to save the season, there’s no reason to hold back now.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50