May 5, 2012, 6:22 PM EST
Getting knocked out of the playoffs early can be a huge bummer, but if there’s an upside to it at all it’s that you’ve got free time to hit big time events. For Penguins captain Sidney Crosby, it meant heading to Louisville, Kentucky and Churchill Downs for the 138th running of the Kentucky Derby.
Our friends at NBCSN’s Twitter account spotted Sid the Kid mingling about during the day’s races looking dapper. Wonder if the Kid enjoys a good mint julep?
Crosby isn’t the only hockey guy with a thing for the ponies as NBC’s Ed Olczyk gave his thoughts on who might take today’s Run for the Roses. If only we could’ve gotten Crosby’s pick on a winner for the day’s big race to compare it to his old head coach in Pittsburgh.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 14
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 48
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)