May 5, 2012, 7:21 PM EDT
Multiple reporters (including Katie Strang and Arthur Staple) quote high-ranking but unnamed sources who claim that the Washington Capitals won’t need to worry about losing Alex Ovechkin for a pivotal Game 5 against the New York Rangers.
Keep in mind that these are just initial reports, but considering a) Ovechkin’s star status, b) the importance of the teams’ next match and c) the fact that Girardi kept playing, it’s not shocking that the NHL won’t suspend him (if the reports are correct). That doesn’t mean it’s the right choice, though, so feel free to share your thoughts about the league’s likely non-suspension in the comments.
Here is video of the hit for your quick reference.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)