May 5, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
Ovechkin caught Girardi with a hit through the zone in which he left his feet to deliver a blow that at first appeared to be shoulder-to-shoulder but Girardi claims he was hit in the head. While Caps coach Dale Hunter believed it was “incidental contact” we’re curious what you think.
Should Ovechkin be suspended for his hit? The overwhelming suspicion after the game is Ovechkin will not see supplemental discipline from the league, but with him having a not-so clean record for hits, is that the right move to make? Let us know in our poll.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40