May 5, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
Ovechkin caught Girardi with a hit through the zone in which he left his feet to deliver a blow that at first appeared to be shoulder-to-shoulder but Girardi claims he was hit in the head. While Caps coach Dale Hunter believed it was “incidental contact” we’re curious what you think.
Should Ovechkin be suspended for his hit? The overwhelming suspicion after the game is Ovechkin will not see supplemental discipline from the league, but with him having a not-so clean record for hits, is that the right move to make? Let us know in our poll.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5