May 5, 2012, 5:31 PM EST
Ovechkin caught Girardi with a hit through the zone in which he left his feet to deliver a blow that at first appeared to be shoulder-to-shoulder but Girardi claims he was hit in the head. While Caps coach Dale Hunter believed it was “incidental contact” we’re curious what you think.
Should Ovechkin be suspended for his hit? The overwhelming suspicion after the game is Ovechkin will not see supplemental discipline from the league, but with him having a not-so clean record for hits, is that the right move to make? Let us know in our poll.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28