May 5, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
Ovechkin caught Girardi with a hit through the zone in which he left his feet to deliver a blow that at first appeared to be shoulder-to-shoulder but Girardi claims he was hit in the head. While Caps coach Dale Hunter believed it was “incidental contact” we’re curious what you think.
Should Ovechkin be suspended for his hit? The overwhelming suspicion after the game is Ovechkin will not see supplemental discipline from the league, but with him having a not-so clean record for hits, is that the right move to make? Let us know in our poll.
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 10
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 64
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL