May 5, 2012, 4:43 PM EDT
Seeing Alex Ovechkin‘s big hit on Dan Girardi in the second period of the Caps’ 3-2 win over New York instantly sparked debate. Ovechkin was nailed for charging but he also appeared to hit Girardi up high while also leaving his feet. While both Ovechkin and Girardi downplayed the hit after the game, that’s a lot of things wrong on one play.
NBC’s Mike Milbury says Ovechkin’s hit was unacceptable for a player that’s a repeat offender when it comes to questionable hits and says a suspension wouldn’t be out of the question. Why am I telling you this though? Check out video of Milbury sounding off.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
All right so Milbury pulls back a bit and says they should leave it up to Brendan Shanahan. Hey, maybe Keith Jones is starting to rub off a bit on the big guy.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15