May 5, 2012, 6:08 PM EST
When Mike Richards came to Los Angeles last summer, he arrived with a reputation from Philadelphia that talked a lot about leadership. Sure enough, Richards is helping the Kings win he’s being called a big time leader once again.
Kings defenseman Matt Greene tells Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider that Richards has been everything he’s advertised to be and more.
“He’s a stud. He’s everything, as delivered. He’s awesome, just the way he plays, the way he carries himself. He’s got a lot of leadership in his game. He’s a really good player. It’s pretty fun to see guys like that. We’ve got him and Brownie (Dustin Brown) up there leading the charge, in terms of, not only the skill set but the physical aspects and the grit. It’s fun to have both of those guys on the team.”
Richards being called a leader might give some fans flashbacks to the Flyers’ 2010 run to the Stanley Cup finals. While that team had a lot of things going for it, Richards was the engine that helped make it go. With the Kings, Richards is one out of many making it all work and that blend of talent seems to be doing just fine.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)