May 5, 2012, 6:08 PM EDT
When Mike Richards came to Los Angeles last summer, he arrived with a reputation from Philadelphia that talked a lot about leadership. Sure enough, Richards is helping the Kings win he’s being called a big time leader once again.
Kings defenseman Matt Greene tells Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider that Richards has been everything he’s advertised to be and more.
“He’s a stud. He’s everything, as delivered. He’s awesome, just the way he plays, the way he carries himself. He’s got a lot of leadership in his game. He’s a really good player. It’s pretty fun to see guys like that. We’ve got him and Brownie (Dustin Brown) up there leading the charge, in terms of, not only the skill set but the physical aspects and the grit. It’s fun to have both of those guys on the team.”
Richards being called a leader might give some fans flashbacks to the Flyers’ 2010 run to the Stanley Cup finals. While that team had a lot of things going for it, Richards was the engine that helped make it go. With the Kings, Richards is one out of many making it all work and that blend of talent seems to be doing just fine.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)