May 5, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
All series long we’ve been wondering when the Capitals’ biggest stars would step up and have a monster game. Turns out they were waiting for Game 4 to make it happen.
Some thoughts to take with you into the comments:
—- Think Henrik Lundqvist would like a do-over on today’s game? Both Ovechkin and Green’s goals were tough ones to give up.
—– Doc and Edzo said it during the game but some mysterious calls made throughout the game.
—– Could we see Alex Ovechkin wind up talking to Brendan Shanahan over his hit on Dan Girardi? Ovechkin was hit for charging and went high on him. It certainly fits the bill for a suspendable offense.
—- Chris Kreider has been a wunderkind in the playoffs, but today was perhaps his worst game of the postseason. His turnover in the first set up Ovechkin for his goal and we didn’t see a lot of him late in the game. Have a look at Ovechkin’s first period goal.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 11
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 20
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 31
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)