May 5, 2012, 3:12 PM EST
All series long we’ve been wondering when the Capitals’ biggest stars would step up and have a monster game. Turns out they were waiting for Game 4 to make it happen.
Some thoughts to take with you into the comments:
—- Think Henrik Lundqvist would like a do-over on today’s game? Both Ovechkin and Green’s goals were tough ones to give up.
—– Doc and Edzo said it during the game but some mysterious calls made throughout the game.
—– Could we see Alex Ovechkin wind up talking to Brendan Shanahan over his hit on Dan Girardi? Ovechkin was hit for charging and went high on him. It certainly fits the bill for a suspendable offense.
—- Chris Kreider has been a wunderkind in the playoffs, but today was perhaps his worst game of the postseason. His turnover in the first set up Ovechkin for his goal and we didn’t see a lot of him late in the game. Have a look at Ovechkin’s first period goal.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 13
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 13
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35