May 5, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
All series long we’ve been wondering when the Capitals’ biggest stars would step up and have a monster game. Turns out they were waiting for Game 4 to make it happen.
Some thoughts to take with you into the comments:
—- Think Henrik Lundqvist would like a do-over on today’s game? Both Ovechkin and Green’s goals were tough ones to give up.
—– Doc and Edzo said it during the game but some mysterious calls made throughout the game.
—– Could we see Alex Ovechkin wind up talking to Brendan Shanahan over his hit on Dan Girardi? Ovechkin was hit for charging and went high on him. It certainly fits the bill for a suspendable offense.
—- Chris Kreider has been a wunderkind in the playoffs, but today was perhaps his worst game of the postseason. His turnover in the first set up Ovechkin for his goal and we didn’t see a lot of him late in the game. Have a look at Ovechkin’s first period goal.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)