May 5, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
All series long we’ve been wondering when the Capitals’ biggest stars would step up and have a monster game. Turns out they were waiting for Game 4 to make it happen.
Some thoughts to take with you into the comments:
—- Think Henrik Lundqvist would like a do-over on today’s game? Both Ovechkin and Green’s goals were tough ones to give up.
—– Doc and Edzo said it during the game but some mysterious calls made throughout the game.
—– Could we see Alex Ovechkin wind up talking to Brendan Shanahan over his hit on Dan Girardi? Ovechkin was hit for charging and went high on him. It certainly fits the bill for a suspendable offense.
—- Chris Kreider has been a wunderkind in the playoffs, but today was perhaps his worst game of the postseason. His turnover in the first set up Ovechkin for his goal and we didn’t see a lot of him late in the game. Have a look at Ovechkin’s first period goal.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 19
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)