May 5, 2012, 3:12 PM EST
All series long we’ve been wondering when the Capitals’ biggest stars would step up and have a monster game. Turns out they were waiting for Game 4 to make it happen.
Some thoughts to take with you into the comments:
—- Think Henrik Lundqvist would like a do-over on today’s game? Both Ovechkin and Green’s goals were tough ones to give up.
—– Doc and Edzo said it during the game but some mysterious calls made throughout the game.
—– Could we see Alex Ovechkin wind up talking to Brendan Shanahan over his hit on Dan Girardi? Ovechkin was hit for charging and went high on him. It certainly fits the bill for a suspendable offense.
—- Chris Kreider has been a wunderkind in the playoffs, but today was perhaps his worst game of the postseason. His turnover in the first set up Ovechkin for his goal and we didn’t see a lot of him late in the game. Have a look at Ovechkin’s first period goal.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 6
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 15
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 42
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)