May 5, 2012, 9:16 PM EDT
Unlike with star defenseman Alex Pietrangelo in Game 3, the St. Louis Blues aren’t looking to undergo dramatic lineup changes as they prepare to face the Los Angeles Kings in Game 4 tomorrow. Still, head coach Ken Hitchcock told Jeremy Rutherford that there’s been a common theme: a need for speed.
“More size, more speed,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said. “We keep pulling speed into the lineup and it works. (Matt) D’Agostini was good. Obviously (Chris) Stewart was good. So Reaves brings more speed, more size, we’re trying to get a little bit better.”‘
Improved speed and size alone likely won’t turn this dire series around for the Blues. They’ll need better play from an anemic power play and a seemingly rattled Brian Elliott in net if they want to extend the series and give themselves any hope of an unlikely comeback against the red-hot Kings.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 18
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9