May 5, 2012, 9:16 PM EST
Unlike with star defenseman Alex Pietrangelo in Game 3, the St. Louis Blues aren’t looking to undergo dramatic lineup changes as they prepare to face the Los Angeles Kings in Game 4 tomorrow. Still, head coach Ken Hitchcock told Jeremy Rutherford that there’s been a common theme: a need for speed.
“More size, more speed,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said. “We keep pulling speed into the lineup and it works. (Matt) D’Agostini was good. Obviously (Chris) Stewart was good. So Reaves brings more speed, more size, we’re trying to get a little bit better.”‘
Improved speed and size alone likely won’t turn this dire series around for the Blues. They’ll need better play from an anemic power play and a seemingly rattled Brian Elliott in net if they want to extend the series and give themselves any hope of an unlikely comeback against the red-hot Kings.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8