May 4, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn were kept out of Game 3 to serve a team suspension. They’re both eligible to return for Game 4 on Friday, but Predators coach Barry Trotz isn’t sure he’ll use either of them.
The problem is that Nashville earned a 2-0 victory in Game 3 on Wednesday after losing the first two games of the series. After a performance like that, Trotz is reluctant to tweak his lineup.
“I know it’s going to be very tough if I do anything,” Trotz said Thursday. “I thought everybody was pretty committed (on Wednesday), so I can’t give you a definite decision right now. But the guys that were in got the job done and they played very hard.”
To their credit, Radulov and Kostitsyn have apparently apologized to their teammates and while they started off slow in Thursday’s practice, they did get better as it went on.
It’s also worth noting that Trotz doesn’t view the players as a package deal.
“If there’s one player that needs to come out … we’ll put in one,” Trotz said.
That scenario would be very telling. If only one of them comes back in, what does that say about the player who was scratched?
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)