May 4, 2012, 8:50 AM EST
Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn were kept out of Game 3 to serve a team suspension. They’re both eligible to return for Game 4 on Friday, but Predators coach Barry Trotz isn’t sure he’ll use either of them.
The problem is that Nashville earned a 2-0 victory in Game 3 on Wednesday after losing the first two games of the series. After a performance like that, Trotz is reluctant to tweak his lineup.
“I know it’s going to be very tough if I do anything,” Trotz said Thursday. “I thought everybody was pretty committed (on Wednesday), so I can’t give you a definite decision right now. But the guys that were in got the job done and they played very hard.”
To their credit, Radulov and Kostitsyn have apparently apologized to their teammates and while they started off slow in Thursday’s practice, they did get better as it went on.
It’s also worth noting that Trotz doesn’t view the players as a package deal.
“If there’s one player that needs to come out … we’ll put in one,” Trotz said.
That scenario would be very telling. If only one of them comes back in, what does that say about the player who was scratched?
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)