May 4, 2012, 8:02 AM EDT
It wasn’t long before frustrations boiled over in Thursday’s game between the St. Louis Blues and Los Angeles Kings. Just 6:00 minutes into the contest, Mike Richards and Jamie Langenbrunner decided to duel. You can watch the fight below:
Richards also received a slashing penalty to put the St. Louis Blues on the power play. However, the Blues didn’t take advantage of that opportunity and Richards ended up scoring a goal and an assist to complete the Gordie Howe hat trick.
Richards has been fantastic in the Kings’ second round series and he’s one of the big reasons that they now have a 3-0 series lead over the St. Louis Blues.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53