May 4, 2012, 8:02 AM EST
It wasn’t long before frustrations boiled over in Thursday’s game between the St. Louis Blues and Los Angeles Kings. Just 6:00 minutes into the contest, Mike Richards and Jamie Langenbrunner decided to duel. You can watch the fight below:
Richards also received a slashing penalty to put the St. Louis Blues on the power play. However, the Blues didn’t take advantage of that opportunity and Richards ended up scoring a goal and an assist to complete the Gordie Howe hat trick.
Richards has been fantastic in the Kings’ second round series and he’s one of the big reasons that they now have a 3-0 series lead over the St. Louis Blues.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 13
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54