May 4, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
The day after returning from a back injury and leading the Devils to a 4-3 OT victory over the Flyers, Ilya Kovalchuk says he’s “feeling good” and looking forward to “a couple days rest” before Game 4 on Sunday.
New Jersey coach Peter DeBoer is also feeling good about Kovalchuk’s improved health, according to the Star-Ledger.
“I think we’re past [his back problems]. That’s my belief,” DeBoer said. “You never know. My belief is he got it taken care of and he had the appropriate rest and he’s good to go. It was the first time for in probably two or two-and-a-half weeks where I really saw his jump back in his legs. It was good to see.”
Kovalchuk scored once and added two assists yesterday at the Prudential Center, helping the Devils to a 2-1 series lead with the opportunity to go up 3-1 at home in Game 4.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22