May 4, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
The day after returning from a back injury and leading the Devils to a 4-3 OT victory over the Flyers, Ilya Kovalchuk says he’s “feeling good” and looking forward to “a couple days rest” before Game 4 on Sunday.
New Jersey coach Peter DeBoer is also feeling good about Kovalchuk’s improved health, according to the Star-Ledger.
“I think we’re past [his back problems]. That’s my belief,” DeBoer said. “You never know. My belief is he got it taken care of and he had the appropriate rest and he’s good to go. It was the first time for in probably two or two-and-a-half weeks where I really saw his jump back in his legs. It was good to see.”
Kovalchuk scored once and added two assists yesterday at the Prudential Center, helping the Devils to a 2-1 series lead with the opportunity to go up 3-1 at home in Game 4.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40