May 4, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
The day after returning from a back injury and leading the Devils to a 4-3 OT victory over the Flyers, Ilya Kovalchuk says he’s “feeling good” and looking forward to “a couple days rest” before Game 4 on Sunday.
New Jersey coach Peter DeBoer is also feeling good about Kovalchuk’s improved health, according to the Star-Ledger.
“I think we’re past [his back problems]. That’s my belief,” DeBoer said. “You never know. My belief is he got it taken care of and he had the appropriate rest and he’s good to go. It was the first time for in probably two or two-and-a-half weeks where I really saw his jump back in his legs. It was good to see.”
Kovalchuk scored once and added two assists yesterday at the Prudential Center, helping the Devils to a 2-1 series lead with the opportunity to go up 3-1 at home in Game 4.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 5
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 13
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 10
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5