May 4, 2012, 4:57 PM EST
While the severity of the cut is unknown, it was clear the Flyers struggled without the 19-year-old defensive whiz in the lineup — the shutdown center had spent most of the first two games shadowing the likes of Ilya Kovalchuk and Zach Parise (the pair combined for four points in Game 3, not coincidentally.)
According to Renaud Lavoie of RDS, Couturier “should be OK,” though his status for Game 4 remains up in the air. The Flyers don’t play again until 7:30pm ET on Sunday, which will give the laceration extra time to heal.
If Couturier can’t go in Game 4, Sam Carchidi of Philly.com figures Zac Rinaldo will be inserted into the lineup. Rinaldo hasn’t played since Game 4 of the Pittsburgh series, a 10-3 loss in which he saw just 3:39 of action.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 5
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2