May 4, 2012, 4:57 PM EDT
While the severity of the cut is unknown, it was clear the Flyers struggled without the 19-year-old defensive whiz in the lineup — the shutdown center had spent most of the first two games shadowing the likes of Ilya Kovalchuk and Zach Parise (the pair combined for four points in Game 3, not coincidentally.)
According to Renaud Lavoie of RDS, Couturier “should be OK,” though his status for Game 4 remains up in the air. The Flyers don’t play again until 7:30pm ET on Sunday, which will give the laceration extra time to heal.
If Couturier can’t go in Game 4, Sam Carchidi of Philly.com figures Zac Rinaldo will be inserted into the lineup. Rinaldo hasn’t played since Game 4 of the Pittsburgh series, a 10-3 loss in which he saw just 3:39 of action.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 19
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 39
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 75
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'