May 4, 2012, 4:57 PM EDT
While the severity of the cut is unknown, it was clear the Flyers struggled without the 19-year-old defensive whiz in the lineup — the shutdown center had spent most of the first two games shadowing the likes of Ilya Kovalchuk and Zach Parise (the pair combined for four points in Game 3, not coincidentally.)
According to Renaud Lavoie of RDS, Couturier “should be OK,” though his status for Game 4 remains up in the air. The Flyers don’t play again until 7:30pm ET on Sunday, which will give the laceration extra time to heal.
If Couturier can’t go in Game 4, Sam Carchidi of Philly.com figures Zac Rinaldo will be inserted into the lineup. Rinaldo hasn’t played since Game 4 of the Pittsburgh series, a 10-3 loss in which he saw just 3:39 of action.
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 4
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24