May 4, 2012, 4:57 PM EDT
While the severity of the cut is unknown, it was clear the Flyers struggled without the 19-year-old defensive whiz in the lineup — the shutdown center had spent most of the first two games shadowing the likes of Ilya Kovalchuk and Zach Parise (the pair combined for four points in Game 3, not coincidentally.)
According to Renaud Lavoie of RDS, Couturier “should be OK,” though his status for Game 4 remains up in the air. The Flyers don’t play again until 7:30pm ET on Sunday, which will give the laceration extra time to heal.
If Couturier can’t go in Game 4, Sam Carchidi of Philly.com figures Zac Rinaldo will be inserted into the lineup. Rinaldo hasn’t played since Game 4 of the Pittsburgh series, a 10-3 loss in which he saw just 3:39 of action.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 6
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 23
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42