May 4, 2012, 4:57 PM EDT
While the severity of the cut is unknown, it was clear the Flyers struggled without the 19-year-old defensive whiz in the lineup — the shutdown center had spent most of the first two games shadowing the likes of Ilya Kovalchuk and Zach Parise (the pair combined for four points in Game 3, not coincidentally.)
According to Renaud Lavoie of RDS, Couturier “should be OK,” though his status for Game 4 remains up in the air. The Flyers don’t play again until 7:30pm ET on Sunday, which will give the laceration extra time to heal.
If Couturier can’t go in Game 4, Sam Carchidi of Philly.com figures Zac Rinaldo will be inserted into the lineup. Rinaldo hasn’t played since Game 4 of the Pittsburgh series, a 10-3 loss in which he saw just 3:39 of action.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 90
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32