May 4, 2012, 10:14 PM EDT
After Nashville suffered a 1-0 loss in Game 4, you have to wonder if Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn would have made a difference. They’re two of the Predators most gifted players offensively, but Radulov in particular has been less than stellar in the second round. It’s entirely possible that Radulov might have ended up making a defensive mistake that would have increased the Coyotes’ lead.
It’s easy to second guess Predators coach Barry Trotz after the fact, but going into the match, there were plenty of knowledgeable people supporting his decision to stick with the lineup that won Game 3. Still, you have to wonder what might have been, especially given how devastating a loss this is for the Predators.
- The Coyotes are 3-0 in 2012 playoffs games where Shane Doan scores a goal.
- Nashville is now 0-4 when trailing after two periods in this postseason run.
- Jordin Tootoo and Matt Halischuk, the two forwards that replaced Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn, were two of just three Predators players to finish the game with less than 10 minutes of playing time.
- The Nashville Predators thought they had a goal during the penalty to Phoenix’s Derek Morris. However, the goal was called off, because the whistle had already been blown.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7