May 4, 2012, 10:14 PM EDT
After Nashville suffered a 1-0 loss in Game 4, you have to wonder if Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn would have made a difference. They’re two of the Predators most gifted players offensively, but Radulov in particular has been less than stellar in the second round. It’s entirely possible that Radulov might have ended up making a defensive mistake that would have increased the Coyotes’ lead.
It’s easy to second guess Predators coach Barry Trotz after the fact, but going into the match, there were plenty of knowledgeable people supporting his decision to stick with the lineup that won Game 3. Still, you have to wonder what might have been, especially given how devastating a loss this is for the Predators.
- The Coyotes are 3-0 in 2012 playoffs games where Shane Doan scores a goal.
- Nashville is now 0-4 when trailing after two periods in this postseason run.
- Jordin Tootoo and Matt Halischuk, the two forwards that replaced Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn, were two of just three Predators players to finish the game with less than 10 minutes of playing time.
- The Nashville Predators thought they had a goal during the penalty to Phoenix’s Derek Morris. However, the goal was called off, because the whistle had already been blown.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 25
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 6
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 14
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (25)