May 4, 2012, 10:14 PM EDT
After Nashville suffered a 1-0 loss in Game 4, you have to wonder if Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn would have made a difference. They’re two of the Predators most gifted players offensively, but Radulov in particular has been less than stellar in the second round. It’s entirely possible that Radulov might have ended up making a defensive mistake that would have increased the Coyotes’ lead.
It’s easy to second guess Predators coach Barry Trotz after the fact, but going into the match, there were plenty of knowledgeable people supporting his decision to stick with the lineup that won Game 3. Still, you have to wonder what might have been, especially given how devastating a loss this is for the Predators.
- The Coyotes are 3-0 in 2012 playoffs games where Shane Doan scores a goal.
- Nashville is now 0-4 when trailing after two periods in this postseason run.
- Jordin Tootoo and Matt Halischuk, the two forwards that replaced Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn, were two of just three Predators players to finish the game with less than 10 minutes of playing time.
- The Nashville Predators thought they had a goal during the penalty to Phoenix’s Derek Morris. However, the goal was called off, because the whistle had already been blown.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 0
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 16
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 8
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 31
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)