May 4, 2012, 10:14 PM EST
After Nashville suffered a 1-0 loss in Game 4, you have to wonder if Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn would have made a difference. They’re two of the Predators most gifted players offensively, but Radulov in particular has been less than stellar in the second round. It’s entirely possible that Radulov might have ended up making a defensive mistake that would have increased the Coyotes’ lead.
It’s easy to second guess Predators coach Barry Trotz after the fact, but going into the match, there were plenty of knowledgeable people supporting his decision to stick with the lineup that won Game 3. Still, you have to wonder what might have been, especially given how devastating a loss this is for the Predators.
- The Coyotes are 3-0 in 2012 playoffs games where Shane Doan scores a goal.
- Nashville is now 0-4 when trailing after two periods in this postseason run.
- Jordin Tootoo and Matt Halischuk, the two forwards that replaced Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn, were two of just three Predators players to finish the game with less than 10 minutes of playing time.
- The Nashville Predators thought they had a goal during the penalty to Phoenix’s Derek Morris. However, the goal was called off, because the whistle had already been blown.
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 12
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 27
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 10
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 35
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)