May 4, 2012, 10:14 PM EST
After Nashville suffered a 1-0 loss in Game 4, you have to wonder if Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn would have made a difference. They’re two of the Predators most gifted players offensively, but Radulov in particular has been less than stellar in the second round. It’s entirely possible that Radulov might have ended up making a defensive mistake that would have increased the Coyotes’ lead.
It’s easy to second guess Predators coach Barry Trotz after the fact, but going into the match, there were plenty of knowledgeable people supporting his decision to stick with the lineup that won Game 3. Still, you have to wonder what might have been, especially given how devastating a loss this is for the Predators.
- The Coyotes are 3-0 in 2012 playoffs games where Shane Doan scores a goal.
- Nashville is now 0-4 when trailing after two periods in this postseason run.
- Jordin Tootoo and Matt Halischuk, the two forwards that replaced Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn, were two of just three Predators players to finish the game with less than 10 minutes of playing time.
- The Nashville Predators thought they had a goal during the penalty to Phoenix’s Derek Morris. However, the goal was called off, because the whistle had already been blown.
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 11
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 30
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Harding’s diving save highlights Wild’s win 5
- Varlamov expected to enter plea on Jan. 22 7
- Malkin named NHL’s first star for second straight week 9
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Red Wings challenge division-leading Bruins (32)