May 3, 2012, 8:21 PM EST
Earlier today, reports surfaced that Phoenix Coyotes winger Raffi Torres and the NHLPA plan on appealing the length of his 25-game suspension. Perhaps this is in line with the team approving the ban in the first place, but Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett didn’t have much to say to Sarah McLellan about Torres’ appeal.
“Inconsequential,” Tippett said. “No reaction at all. I don’t know anything about it.”
Sounds like Torres might not find his way back in Phoenix’s lineup anytime soon – suspension or not. Gary Bettman makes the call on appeal hearings, so he’ll get to determine if Tippett even has to make that choice.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28