May 3, 2012, 8:21 PM EDT
Earlier today, reports surfaced that Phoenix Coyotes winger Raffi Torres and the NHLPA plan on appealing the length of his 25-game suspension. Perhaps this is in line with the team approving the ban in the first place, but Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett didn’t have much to say to Sarah McLellan about Torres’ appeal.
“Inconsequential,” Tippett said. “No reaction at all. I don’t know anything about it.”
Sounds like Torres might not find his way back in Phoenix’s lineup anytime soon – suspension or not. Gary Bettman makes the call on appeal hearings, so he’ll get to determine if Tippett even has to make that choice.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 6
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 23
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42