May 3, 2012, 8:21 PM EDT
Earlier today, reports surfaced that Phoenix Coyotes winger Raffi Torres and the NHLPA plan on appealing the length of his 25-game suspension. Perhaps this is in line with the team approving the ban in the first place, but Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett didn’t have much to say to Sarah McLellan about Torres’ appeal.
“Inconsequential,” Tippett said. “No reaction at all. I don’t know anything about it.”
Sounds like Torres might not find his way back in Phoenix’s lineup anytime soon – suspension or not. Gary Bettman makes the call on appeal hearings, so he’ll get to determine if Tippett even has to make that choice.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 19
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 18
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 120
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7