May 3, 2012, 5:42 PM EST
Tampa Bay Lightning fans will soon be able to brag about their well-hung…high definition video display.
Here’s what’ll be hanging at the Tampa Bay Times Forum next season:
According to the team’s website, the two largest displays will measure approximately 28 feet high by 50 feet wide, making it the largest HD center-hung video display in any U.S. or Canadian arena.
Price tag? $5 million.
Granted I’m no expert, but it seems like this is the new trend in video displays. Obviously the one at Cowboys Stadium is a lot bigger (50 feet high by 180 feet wide), but the style is the same.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 0
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15