May 3, 2012, 12:12 AM EDT
Barry Trotz didn’t exactly guarantee that suspended forwards Alex Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn would sit out Game 4 just like they did tonight if the Nashville Predators won, but he made a strong implication. The Predators did indeed take Game 3 against the Phoenix Coyotes by a score of 2-0, so the speculation can begin.
Naturally, we’ll keep an eye out for what Trotz has to say about the situation, but until then let’s have some fun playing armchair head coach. Before you share your thoughts in the comments, here are a few nuggets to chew on and provide context.
- David Legwand – Radulov’s frequent linemate – scored the game-winner and had a disallowed goal, so that might have an impact on Trotz’s decision.
- Andrei’s brother (but not-all-that-frequent linemate) Sergei Kostitsyn collected an assist, so it’s not like he’s wallowing in sibling-less self-pity.
- Here’s a telling fact if there ever was one: both Radulov and Kostitsyn aren’t under contract with the Predators (yet) going into the 2012-13 season, so hurting their feelings isn’t exactly an enormous concern.
- Apparently Don Cherry critiqued the Predators for suspending the two forwards, for whatever that’s worth.
Regardless of what Trotz actually decides, what would you do? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)