May 3, 2012, 12:12 AM EST
Barry Trotz didn’t exactly guarantee that suspended forwards Alex Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn would sit out Game 4 just like they did tonight if the Nashville Predators won, but he made a strong implication. The Predators did indeed take Game 3 against the Phoenix Coyotes by a score of 2-0, so the speculation can begin.
Naturally, we’ll keep an eye out for what Trotz has to say about the situation, but until then let’s have some fun playing armchair head coach. Before you share your thoughts in the comments, here are a few nuggets to chew on and provide context.
- David Legwand – Radulov’s frequent linemate – scored the game-winner and had a disallowed goal, so that might have an impact on Trotz’s decision.
- Andrei’s brother (but not-all-that-frequent linemate) Sergei Kostitsyn collected an assist, so it’s not like he’s wallowing in sibling-less self-pity.
- Here’s a telling fact if there ever was one: both Radulov and Kostitsyn aren’t under contract with the Predators (yet) going into the 2012-13 season, so hurting their feelings isn’t exactly an enormous concern.
- Apparently Don Cherry critiqued the Predators for suspending the two forwards, for whatever that’s worth.
Regardless of what Trotz actually decides, what would you do? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (70)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)