May 3, 2012, 12:12 AM EDT
Barry Trotz didn’t exactly guarantee that suspended forwards Alex Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn would sit out Game 4 just like they did tonight if the Nashville Predators won, but he made a strong implication. The Predators did indeed take Game 3 against the Phoenix Coyotes by a score of 2-0, so the speculation can begin.
Naturally, we’ll keep an eye out for what Trotz has to say about the situation, but until then let’s have some fun playing armchair head coach. Before you share your thoughts in the comments, here are a few nuggets to chew on and provide context.
- David Legwand – Radulov’s frequent linemate – scored the game-winner and had a disallowed goal, so that might have an impact on Trotz’s decision.
- Andrei’s brother (but not-all-that-frequent linemate) Sergei Kostitsyn collected an assist, so it’s not like he’s wallowing in sibling-less self-pity.
- Here’s a telling fact if there ever was one: both Radulov and Kostitsyn aren’t under contract with the Predators (yet) going into the 2012-13 season, so hurting their feelings isn’t exactly an enormous concern.
- Apparently Don Cherry critiqued the Predators for suspending the two forwards, for whatever that’s worth.
Regardless of what Trotz actually decides, what would you do? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 14
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25