May 3, 2012, 12:12 AM EST
Barry Trotz didn’t exactly guarantee that suspended forwards Alex Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn would sit out Game 4 just like they did tonight if the Nashville Predators won, but he made a strong implication. The Predators did indeed take Game 3 against the Phoenix Coyotes by a score of 2-0, so the speculation can begin.
Naturally, we’ll keep an eye out for what Trotz has to say about the situation, but until then let’s have some fun playing armchair head coach. Before you share your thoughts in the comments, here are a few nuggets to chew on and provide context.
- David Legwand – Radulov’s frequent linemate – scored the game-winner and had a disallowed goal, so that might have an impact on Trotz’s decision.
- Andrei’s brother (but not-all-that-frequent linemate) Sergei Kostitsyn collected an assist, so it’s not like he’s wallowing in sibling-less self-pity.
- Here’s a telling fact if there ever was one: both Radulov and Kostitsyn aren’t under contract with the Predators (yet) going into the 2012-13 season, so hurting their feelings isn’t exactly an enormous concern.
- Apparently Don Cherry critiqued the Predators for suspending the two forwards, for whatever that’s worth.
Regardless of what Trotz actually decides, what would you do? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 12
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 85
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (85)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)