May 3, 2012, 12:12 AM EST
Barry Trotz didn’t exactly guarantee that suspended forwards Alex Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn would sit out Game 4 just like they did tonight if the Nashville Predators won, but he made a strong implication. The Predators did indeed take Game 3 against the Phoenix Coyotes by a score of 2-0, so the speculation can begin.
Naturally, we’ll keep an eye out for what Trotz has to say about the situation, but until then let’s have some fun playing armchair head coach. Before you share your thoughts in the comments, here are a few nuggets to chew on and provide context.
- David Legwand – Radulov’s frequent linemate – scored the game-winner and had a disallowed goal, so that might have an impact on Trotz’s decision.
- Andrei’s brother (but not-all-that-frequent linemate) Sergei Kostitsyn collected an assist, so it’s not like he’s wallowing in sibling-less self-pity.
- Here’s a telling fact if there ever was one: both Radulov and Kostitsyn aren’t under contract with the Predators (yet) going into the 2012-13 season, so hurting their feelings isn’t exactly an enormous concern.
- Apparently Don Cherry critiqued the Predators for suspending the two forwards, for whatever that’s worth.
Regardless of what Trotz actually decides, what would you do? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- Flames place Giordano on IR 0
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 25
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 59
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (97)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)