May 3, 2012, 8:02 AM EDT
The Nashville Predators chose to hand Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn matching one-game suspensions for violating team rules. They served their time on Wednesday, but because Nashville was able to earn a 2-0 victory on Wednesday without them, Predators coach Barry Trotz might decide not to alter his lineup.
“It’s a privilege to play in the Stanley Cup playoffs, to play for the Cup, and those guys took advantage of the privilege of playing,” said Trotz. “That’s a sacred part of the playoffs. It will be very hard to change a lot from that group.”
Jordan Tootoo and Matt Halischuk were the players that got a chance because of the suspensions and Tootoo in particular was impressive.
“He was really good tonight,” said Trotz. “He was on the puck hard. He was detailed in the defensive zone, he was detailed all over the ice in terms of the reloads and finding people. That’s the way I expect him to play. When he’s hard on people and detailed, he can have an impact on a game. And I thought he did today.”
Scratching Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn for Game 4 would mean keeping two of their biggest offensive weapons out of the lineup. Although Radulov he might have done more harm than good lately.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)