May 3, 2012, 6:07 PM EDT
While not quite a war of words, things are heating up between Peter Laviolette and Peter DeBoer.
Pete-ing up, if you will.
/shows self out
A few hours after the Devils head coach said the pressure’s on Philadelphia, the Philadelphia head coach shot back.
“It’s irrelevant. Who somebody says the pressure is on is irrelevant,” Laviolette told The Star-Ledger. “New Jersey’s got a good team. The Flyers have got a good team. It’s 1-1 in the series.
“The team that plays the best on the ice tonight has the best chance of winning the hockey game.”
Described as “a bit testy” in his pregame presser, Laviolette stressed that both teams are desperate, want to win and have equal amounts at stake heading into Game 3. Ergo, the talk about shifting pressure is totally inconsequential.
“I’d like to think our strides are more meaningful tonight,” he said. “I don’t know what switch you turn on, but nobody wants to go down, 2-1, in the series.”
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)