May 3, 2012, 1:18 AM EDT
Braden Holtby was on the wrong end of the New York Rangers-Washington Capitals 2-1 triple OT marathon, but you’d be zany to pin the lose on the young netminder. He made some big saves and drew rave reviews for his poise under high-level pressure. After the game, Holtby offered a remedy for the sadness of such a loss to Katie Carrera.
“Maybe I’ll accept it after the fourth round, where we win,” Holtby said.
Boy, the Capitals might have stumbled on a goalie with the swagger – and maybe even the skills – to get it done. Does that register as something of a guarantee to you?
If Washington is still in the mix around the “fourth round,” it might just interfere with one hopeful Caps fan’s plans:
(Photo via Getty)
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 4
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 57
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 16
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 40
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 12
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 45
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)