May 3, 2012, 1:18 AM EDT
Braden Holtby was on the wrong end of the New York Rangers-Washington Capitals 2-1 triple OT marathon, but you’d be zany to pin the lose on the young netminder. He made some big saves and drew rave reviews for his poise under high-level pressure. After the game, Holtby offered a remedy for the sadness of such a loss to Katie Carrera.
“Maybe I’ll accept it after the fourth round, where we win,” Holtby said.
Boy, the Capitals might have stumbled on a goalie with the swagger – and maybe even the skills – to get it done. Does that register as something of a guarantee to you?
If Washington is still in the mix around the “fourth round,” it might just interfere with one hopeful Caps fan’s plans:
(Photo via Getty)
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 0
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 29
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)