May 3, 2012, 1:18 AM EDT
Braden Holtby was on the wrong end of the New York Rangers-Washington Capitals 2-1 triple OT marathon, but you’d be zany to pin the lose on the young netminder. He made some big saves and drew rave reviews for his poise under high-level pressure. After the game, Holtby offered a remedy for the sadness of such a loss to Katie Carrera.
“Maybe I’ll accept it after the fourth round, where we win,” Holtby said.
Boy, the Capitals might have stumbled on a goalie with the swagger – and maybe even the skills – to get it done. Does that register as something of a guarantee to you?
If Washington is still in the mix around the “fourth round,” it might just interfere with one hopeful Caps fan’s plans:
(Photo via Getty)
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4