May 3, 2012, 1:18 AM EST
Braden Holtby was on the wrong end of the New York Rangers-Washington Capitals 2-1 triple OT marathon, but you’d be zany to pin the lose on the young netminder. He made some big saves and drew rave reviews for his poise under high-level pressure. After the game, Holtby offered a remedy for the sadness of such a loss to Katie Carrera.
“Maybe I’ll accept it after the fourth round, where we win,” Holtby said.
Boy, the Capitals might have stumbled on a goalie with the swagger – and maybe even the skills – to get it done. Does that register as something of a guarantee to you?
If Washington is still in the mix around the “fourth round,” it might just interfere with one hopeful Caps fan’s plans:
(Photo via Getty)
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 22
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 19
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 26
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 30
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 32
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 58
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)