May 3, 2012, 1:18 AM EDT
Braden Holtby was on the wrong end of the New York Rangers-Washington Capitals 2-1 triple OT marathon, but you’d be zany to pin the lose on the young netminder. He made some big saves and drew rave reviews for his poise under high-level pressure. After the game, Holtby offered a remedy for the sadness of such a loss to Katie Carrera.
“Maybe I’ll accept it after the fourth round, where we win,” Holtby said.
Boy, the Capitals might have stumbled on a goalie with the swagger – and maybe even the skills – to get it done. Does that register as something of a guarantee to you?
If Washington is still in the mix around the “fourth round,” it might just interfere with one hopeful Caps fan’s plans:
(Photo via Getty)
- In praise of John Tavares 0
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 7
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31