May 3, 2012, 10:52 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers got two power-play opportunities in overtime, but they couldn’t take advantage of either one. The momentum shifted to New Jersey Devils after they successfully killed off the second penalty and Alexei Ponikarovsky got one by Ilya Bryzgalov to earn a 4-3 victory. The Devils have now claimed a 2-1 series lead.
- Sean Couturier left the game due to a lower-body injury.
- Patrik Elias and Ilya Kovalchuk scored just 20 seconds apart in the first period. That’s six seconds faster than the previous franchise record for back-to-back goals in a playoff game.
- Danny Briere has eight goals in nine playoff games after scoring just 16 goals in 70 regular season contests.
- Four of the Devils’ last five games have gone to overtime.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 0
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 31
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)