May 3, 2012, 10:52 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers got two power-play opportunities in overtime, but they couldn’t take advantage of either one. The momentum shifted to New Jersey Devils after they successfully killed off the second penalty and Alexei Ponikarovsky got one by Ilya Bryzgalov to earn a 4-3 victory. The Devils have now claimed a 2-1 series lead.
- Sean Couturier left the game due to a lower-body injury.
- Patrik Elias and Ilya Kovalchuk scored just 20 seconds apart in the first period. That’s six seconds faster than the previous franchise record for back-to-back goals in a playoff game.
- Danny Briere has eight goals in nine playoff games after scoring just 16 goals in 70 regular season contests.
- Four of the Devils’ last five games have gone to overtime.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)