May 3, 2012, 10:52 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers got two power-play opportunities in overtime, but they couldn’t take advantage of either one. The momentum shifted to New Jersey Devils after they successfully killed off the second penalty and Alexei Ponikarovsky got one by Ilya Bryzgalov to earn a 4-3 victory. The Devils have now claimed a 2-1 series lead.
- Sean Couturier left the game due to a lower-body injury.
- Patrik Elias and Ilya Kovalchuk scored just 20 seconds apart in the first period. That’s six seconds faster than the previous franchise record for back-to-back goals in a playoff game.
- Danny Briere has eight goals in nine playoff games after scoring just 16 goals in 70 regular season contests.
- Four of the Devils’ last five games have gone to overtime.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56