May 3, 2012, 10:52 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers got two power-play opportunities in overtime, but they couldn’t take advantage of either one. The momentum shifted to New Jersey Devils after they successfully killed off the second penalty and Alexei Ponikarovsky got one by Ilya Bryzgalov to earn a 4-3 victory. The Devils have now claimed a 2-1 series lead.
- Sean Couturier left the game due to a lower-body injury.
- Patrik Elias and Ilya Kovalchuk scored just 20 seconds apart in the first period. That’s six seconds faster than the previous franchise record for back-to-back goals in a playoff game.
- Danny Briere has eight goals in nine playoff games after scoring just 16 goals in 70 regular season contests.
- Four of the Devils’ last five games have gone to overtime.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)