May 3, 2012, 2:20 PM EST
Devils coach Peter DeBoer played the time-honored underdog card today, telling reporters that all the pressure is on the Flyers in the Eastern Conference semifinal series that resumes tonight at the Prudential Center.
“I think there’s a pressure with being the favorite in a series,” DeBoer said, as per CSNPhilly.com. “I think we felt that in the Florida series. I don’t think there’s any doubt and that’s on Philadelphia here.
“That’s something that isn’t easy to deal with knowing you’re supposed to win and not only win, but win convincingly. We like the spot we’re in and we’re just going to keep working.”
New Jersey dominated Tuesday’s Game 2 at the Wells Fargo Center, evening the series 1-1 with a 4-1 victory.
Meanwhile, the Flyers’ lackluster performance drew boos from the crowd – a crowd, it should be noted, that’s not known for alleviating pressure on the home team.
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 7
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 12
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 28
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 53
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers host Flyers on Rivalry Night 4
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (53)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)