May 3, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Devils coach Peter DeBoer played the time-honored underdog card today, telling reporters that all the pressure is on the Flyers in the Eastern Conference semifinal series that resumes tonight at the Prudential Center.
“I think there’s a pressure with being the favorite in a series,” DeBoer said, as per CSNPhilly.com. “I think we felt that in the Florida series. I don’t think there’s any doubt and that’s on Philadelphia here.
“That’s something that isn’t easy to deal with knowing you’re supposed to win and not only win, but win convincingly. We like the spot we’re in and we’re just going to keep working.”
New Jersey dominated Tuesday’s Game 2 at the Wells Fargo Center, evening the series 1-1 with a 4-1 victory.
Meanwhile, the Flyers’ lackluster performance drew boos from the crowd – a crowd, it should be noted, that’s not known for alleviating pressure on the home team.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)