May 3, 2012, 2:20 PM EST
Devils coach Peter DeBoer played the time-honored underdog card today, telling reporters that all the pressure is on the Flyers in the Eastern Conference semifinal series that resumes tonight at the Prudential Center.
“I think there’s a pressure with being the favorite in a series,” DeBoer said, as per CSNPhilly.com. “I think we felt that in the Florida series. I don’t think there’s any doubt and that’s on Philadelphia here.
“That’s something that isn’t easy to deal with knowing you’re supposed to win and not only win, but win convincingly. We like the spot we’re in and we’re just going to keep working.”
New Jersey dominated Tuesday’s Game 2 at the Wells Fargo Center, evening the series 1-1 with a 4-1 victory.
Meanwhile, the Flyers’ lackluster performance drew boos from the crowd – a crowd, it should be noted, that’s not known for alleviating pressure on the home team.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 36
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)