May 3, 2012, 2:20 PM EST
Devils coach Peter DeBoer played the time-honored underdog card today, telling reporters that all the pressure is on the Flyers in the Eastern Conference semifinal series that resumes tonight at the Prudential Center.
“I think there’s a pressure with being the favorite in a series,” DeBoer said, as per CSNPhilly.com. “I think we felt that in the Florida series. I don’t think there’s any doubt and that’s on Philadelphia here.
“That’s something that isn’t easy to deal with knowing you’re supposed to win and not only win, but win convincingly. We like the spot we’re in and we’re just going to keep working.”
New Jersey dominated Tuesday’s Game 2 at the Wells Fargo Center, evening the series 1-1 with a 4-1 victory.
Meanwhile, the Flyers’ lackluster performance drew boos from the crowd – a crowd, it should be noted, that’s not known for alleviating pressure on the home team.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 14
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 48
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)