May 3, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Devils coach Peter DeBoer played the time-honored underdog card today, telling reporters that all the pressure is on the Flyers in the Eastern Conference semifinal series that resumes tonight at the Prudential Center.
“I think there’s a pressure with being the favorite in a series,” DeBoer said, as per CSNPhilly.com. “I think we felt that in the Florida series. I don’t think there’s any doubt and that’s on Philadelphia here.
“That’s something that isn’t easy to deal with knowing you’re supposed to win and not only win, but win convincingly. We like the spot we’re in and we’re just going to keep working.”
New Jersey dominated Tuesday’s Game 2 at the Wells Fargo Center, evening the series 1-1 with a 4-1 victory.
Meanwhile, the Flyers’ lackluster performance drew boos from the crowd – a crowd, it should be noted, that’s not known for alleviating pressure on the home team.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)