Couturier suffers a lower-body injury Thursday

May 3, 2012, 9:21 PM EDT

PITTSBURGH, PA - APRIL 13: Sean Couturier #14 of the Philadelphia Flyers celebrates his hat trick goal against the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game Two of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Consol Energy Center on April 13, 2012 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The Flyers defeated the Penguins 7-5. (Photo by Justin K. Aller/Getty Images) Getty Images

The Philadelphia Flyers have gotten a lot of use out of their young players during the 2012 postseason, which makes the loss of Sean Couturier all the more devastating. Couturier was on the ice for just five shifts on Thursday before he left the game with a lower-body injury. According to Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, he will not return.

Injury details are hard to come by during the playoffs, but Couturier reportedly has a cut.

Couturier hasn’t recorded a point since he got a hat trick and an assist in Game 2 of the Flyers’ first round series against the Pittsburgh Penguins. However, Couturier has still been a big part of Philadelphia’s lineup. Going into Thursday’s game, he was averaging 16:50 minutes per contest in the playoffs and had not recorded less than 13:55 minutes in a single match during Philadelphia’s playoff run.

From the Flyers’ perspective, the good news is that they aren’t scheduled to play again until Sunday, which will give Couturier some time to heal up before Game 4.

1. couturierfellatesguys - May 3, 2012 at 9:27 PM

waaaahhhhh. my name says it all

2. philly4lyfe - May 3, 2012 at 9:46 PM

You are sooooooooooo cool….. Troll

• pbhatesphilly - May 3, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I m back you Philly slugs. Na na na na, na na na na, hay hay hay good bye!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA. Game just over Flyers lose Flyers lose Flyers lose. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

• pbhatesphilly - May 3, 2012 at 10:59 PM

That’s funny, someone from philasucksia calling someone a troll. I guess that makes Philly fans troll nut lickers ( we won t swallow though)!!!

• vmac79 - May 3, 2012 at 11:05 PM

i hope u get cancer n die!!!

3. couturierfellatesguys - May 3, 2012 at 10:52 PM

you know whats cool? filthy losing in OT by the worst player in the nhl’s shot!!! hahahahahahaha I am so happy!!!! filthy sucks!!!!!! lets celebrate everyone!! soup can army!!!!

• pbhatesphilly - May 3, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I m with ya, letsnallmgono Philly eat a cheese. Never mind, nothing cold get me to philasucksia. You all deserve to feel what losing is about, but you already know how it feels. Flyers will always be choke artists.

• vmac79 - May 3, 2012 at 11:24 PM

i hope u get cancer n die!!!!

• pbhatesphilly - May 4, 2012 at 12:33 AM

See that s exactly why I hate Philly fans, you are all alike. You don t just disagree with someone you hope they die. I would seriously not wish cancer on anyone ( except mayme you vmac79). You are all so filled with vile and hatred, that’s why I put hates in my tag. Thanks for proving me right when I point out you slugs. PBHATESPHILLY!!!!! I m sure now I will have fans everywhere for pointing a light who you slugs really are!!

4. GenoPringles - May 3, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Oh no!!! Not Coots….

5. vmac79 - May 3, 2012 at 11:03 PM

who r u fans of pbhatesphilly n couturierfellatesguys?

• tfoz5150 - May 3, 2012 at 11:14 PM

They’re bottom feeding leeches

• pbhatesphilly - May 4, 2012 at 12:36 AM

What did you look up and see me? Troll

• pbhatesphilly - May 4, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Hey vmac79, don t worry about it “troll”.

• pbhatesphilly - May 4, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Hey vmac79 I just made you write hates Philly, how d that feel? HAHAHAHAHAHA

• cowgut1 - May 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM

You’re a douchebag that can’t submit a comment that means anything

6. football4life229 - May 4, 2012 at 10:29 AM

@pbhatesphilly do you even realize how immature you sound? you have plagued this board with utterly stupid remarks that just show your true colors of being a 9 year old. i award you no points and my god have mercy on your soul.

7. joewilliesshnoz - May 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM

It figures , now the creep gets hurt !

Chances Blue Jackets bounce back?
Top 10 NHL Player Searches