May 2, 2012, 10:21 PM EST
The Alex Ovechkin ice time question isn’t likely to be on the top of the docket for the press when Washington Capitals head coach Dale Hunter takes the podium tonight, but it’s been an inevitable concern lately. When you employ a player with the NHL’s biggest cap hit and put him on the ice for less than 14 minutes, the questions are going to come.
However you feel about Hunter, he has the courage (or as David Backes might say, the cajones) to do what he thinks is best. Hunter discusses leaning on role players and more in the video from Game 3’s pregame show.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 9
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 9
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 12
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 38
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8