May 2, 2012, 10:07 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings fans started (or popularized) it all with octopi. Florida Panthers devotees threw plastic rats into the mix. The twangy atmosphere in Nashville gets even funkier when Predators fans throw their answer to the octopus in the form of southern food staple catfish* but Game 3 introduced a potential new wrinkle.
According to the gang at SB Nation, one of the catfish thrown to the ice might have still been alive. Here are the GIFs that captured the odd spectacle.
Here’s the GIF that indicates that it might have been alive, according to SBN:
Here is what Brian Floyd has to say:
“It’s tail is moving and looking all life-like. It would seem to be clinging to life.”
1) Perhaps and 2) weird.
So what do you think? Does that look like a living catfish to you? How do you rate throwing catfish on the fan participation scale? Share your thoughts. (It’s been a strange week of hockey/hunting cross-pollination, hasn’t it?)
* – Do whiskers equal victory or am I over-thinking it?
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 5
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 20
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)