May 2, 2012, 10:07 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings fans started (or popularized) it all with octopi. Florida Panthers devotees threw plastic rats into the mix. The twangy atmosphere in Nashville gets even funkier when Predators fans throw their answer to the octopus in the form of southern food staple catfish* but Game 3 introduced a potential new wrinkle.
According to the gang at SB Nation, one of the catfish thrown to the ice might have still been alive. Here are the GIFs that captured the odd spectacle.
Here’s the GIF that indicates that it might have been alive, according to SBN:
Here is what Brian Floyd has to say:
“It’s tail is moving and looking all life-like. It would seem to be clinging to life.”
1) Perhaps and 2) weird.
So what do you think? Does that look like a living catfish to you? How do you rate throwing catfish on the fan participation scale? Share your thoughts. (It’s been a strange week of hockey/hunting cross-pollination, hasn’t it?)
* – Do whiskers equal victory or am I over-thinking it?
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)