May 2, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
Now, if there’s one thing I’ve learned in this business, it’s that nobody ever feels sorry for the media. That being said, I think Tortorella could try a bit harder. Not by divulging injuries or anything, just by sharing a little more on certain subjects.
Take this answer from yesterday’s press conference:
On whether Marian Gaborik had one of his better games: “He was OK.”
Care to expand?
Then there was this exchange:
Reporter: “John, do you think your Jack Adams nomination is reflective of the …”
Reporter: “… is reflective of the organization’s …”
Tortorella: “You guys had a chance to ask me about that yesterday and you didn’t. So, let’s talk about the team.”
Except reporters have already tried asking him about the team. Besides, would it really kill him to answer a question about being nominated for coach of the year? Who cares if the nominations came out yesterday?
Of course, there’s always the chance Torts is just giving a big middle finger to the league after being fined twice for talking too much.
So let’s vote.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31