May 2, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
Now, if there’s one thing I’ve learned in this business, it’s that nobody ever feels sorry for the media. That being said, I think Tortorella could try a bit harder. Not by divulging injuries or anything, just by sharing a little more on certain subjects.
Take this answer from yesterday’s press conference:
On whether Marian Gaborik had one of his better games: “He was OK.”
Care to expand?
Then there was this exchange:
Reporter: “John, do you think your Jack Adams nomination is reflective of the …”
Reporter: “… is reflective of the organization’s …”
Tortorella: “You guys had a chance to ask me about that yesterday and you didn’t. So, let’s talk about the team.”
Except reporters have already tried asking him about the team. Besides, would it really kill him to answer a question about being nominated for coach of the year? Who cares if the nominations came out yesterday?
Of course, there’s always the chance Torts is just giving a big middle finger to the league after being fined twice for talking too much.
So let’s vote.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)