May 2, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
Now, if there’s one thing I’ve learned in this business, it’s that nobody ever feels sorry for the media. That being said, I think Tortorella could try a bit harder. Not by divulging injuries or anything, just by sharing a little more on certain subjects.
Take this answer from yesterday’s press conference:
On whether Marian Gaborik had one of his better games: “He was OK.”
Care to expand?
Then there was this exchange:
Reporter: “John, do you think your Jack Adams nomination is reflective of the …”
Reporter: “… is reflective of the organization’s …”
Tortorella: “You guys had a chance to ask me about that yesterday and you didn’t. So, let’s talk about the team.”
Except reporters have already tried asking him about the team. Besides, would it really kill him to answer a question about being nominated for coach of the year? Who cares if the nominations came out yesterday?
Of course, there’s always the chance Torts is just giving a big middle finger to the league after being fined twice for talking too much.
So let’s vote.
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 6
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 29
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 43
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 27
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41