May 2, 2012, 12:57 PM EDT
Now, if there’s one thing I’ve learned in this business, it’s that nobody ever feels sorry for the media. That being said, I think Tortorella could try a bit harder. Not by divulging injuries or anything, just by sharing a little more on certain subjects.
Take this answer from yesterday’s press conference:
On whether Marian Gaborik had one of his better games: “He was OK.”
Care to expand?
Then there was this exchange:
Reporter: “John, do you think your Jack Adams nomination is reflective of the …”
Reporter: “… is reflective of the organization’s …”
Tortorella: “You guys had a chance to ask me about that yesterday and you didn’t. So, let’s talk about the team.”
Except reporters have already tried asking him about the team. Besides, would it really kill him to answer a question about being nominated for coach of the year? Who cares if the nominations came out yesterday?
Of course, there’s always the chance Torts is just giving a big middle finger to the league after being fined twice for talking too much.
So let’s vote.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5