May 2, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
Want proof? Just ask them.
That’s what Tyler Lockman of Fox Sports Arizona did on Tuesday. While it would’ve been fun to hear one of the ‘Yotes say “I wish Radulov was playing, he’s been junk,” or “Kostitsyn has like half their goals, so I’m glad he’s out,” it didn’t happen. Every member of the Phoenix organization gave a variation of the same bland response.
Mike Smith: “I don’t think it really matters who’s in the lineup. We can’t focus on what’s going on over there. We’ve got to worry about ourselves.”
Antoine Vermette: “I don’t think it should affect us too much. They’re going to play hard. We know that. They’re going to play desperate. So it shouldn’t change our approach to the game.”
Shane Doan: “They had a great team before they added those guys. Obviously, adding those guys was big, but they’ve got a really good team with or without them.”
Dave Tippett: “What their lineup is is inconsequential to us. We’ve got to concentrate on the things we have to do to improve our game.”
The Coyotes then removed their face plates to unveil a series of wires and electrodes.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)