May 2, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
Want proof? Just ask them.
That’s what Tyler Lockman of Fox Sports Arizona did on Tuesday. While it would’ve been fun to hear one of the ‘Yotes say “I wish Radulov was playing, he’s been junk,” or “Kostitsyn has like half their goals, so I’m glad he’s out,” it didn’t happen. Every member of the Phoenix organization gave a variation of the same bland response.
Mike Smith: “I don’t think it really matters who’s in the lineup. We can’t focus on what’s going on over there. We’ve got to worry about ourselves.”
Antoine Vermette: “I don’t think it should affect us too much. They’re going to play hard. We know that. They’re going to play desperate. So it shouldn’t change our approach to the game.”
Shane Doan: “They had a great team before they added those guys. Obviously, adding those guys was big, but they’ve got a really good team with or without them.”
Dave Tippett: “What their lineup is is inconsequential to us. We’ve got to concentrate on the things we have to do to improve our game.”
The Coyotes then removed their face plates to unveil a series of wires and electrodes.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 0
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6