May 2, 2012, 12:31 PM EST
Want proof? Just ask them.
That’s what Tyler Lockman of Fox Sports Arizona did on Tuesday. While it would’ve been fun to hear one of the ‘Yotes say “I wish Radulov was playing, he’s been junk,” or “Kostitsyn has like half their goals, so I’m glad he’s out,” it didn’t happen. Every member of the Phoenix organization gave a variation of the same bland response.
Mike Smith: “I don’t think it really matters who’s in the lineup. We can’t focus on what’s going on over there. We’ve got to worry about ourselves.”
Antoine Vermette: “I don’t think it should affect us too much. They’re going to play hard. We know that. They’re going to play desperate. So it shouldn’t change our approach to the game.”
Shane Doan: “They had a great team before they added those guys. Obviously, adding those guys was big, but they’ve got a really good team with or without them.”
Dave Tippett: “What their lineup is is inconsequential to us. We’ve got to concentrate on the things we have to do to improve our game.”
The Coyotes then removed their face plates to unveil a series of wires and electrodes.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2