May 2, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
Want proof? Just ask them.
That’s what Tyler Lockman of Fox Sports Arizona did on Tuesday. While it would’ve been fun to hear one of the ‘Yotes say “I wish Radulov was playing, he’s been junk,” or “Kostitsyn has like half their goals, so I’m glad he’s out,” it didn’t happen. Every member of the Phoenix organization gave a variation of the same bland response.
Mike Smith: “I don’t think it really matters who’s in the lineup. We can’t focus on what’s going on over there. We’ve got to worry about ourselves.”
Antoine Vermette: “I don’t think it should affect us too much. They’re going to play hard. We know that. They’re going to play desperate. So it shouldn’t change our approach to the game.”
Shane Doan: “They had a great team before they added those guys. Obviously, adding those guys was big, but they’ve got a really good team with or without them.”
Dave Tippett: “What their lineup is is inconsequential to us. We’ve got to concentrate on the things we have to do to improve our game.”
The Coyotes then removed their face plates to unveil a series of wires and electrodes.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 35
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)