May 2, 2012, 12:31 PM EDT
Want proof? Just ask them.
That’s what Tyler Lockman of Fox Sports Arizona did on Tuesday. While it would’ve been fun to hear one of the ‘Yotes say “I wish Radulov was playing, he’s been junk,” or “Kostitsyn has like half their goals, so I’m glad he’s out,” it didn’t happen. Every member of the Phoenix organization gave a variation of the same bland response.
Mike Smith: “I don’t think it really matters who’s in the lineup. We can’t focus on what’s going on over there. We’ve got to worry about ourselves.”
Antoine Vermette: “I don’t think it should affect us too much. They’re going to play hard. We know that. They’re going to play desperate. So it shouldn’t change our approach to the game.”
Shane Doan: “They had a great team before they added those guys. Obviously, adding those guys was big, but they’ve got a really good team with or without them.”
Dave Tippett: “What their lineup is is inconsequential to us. We’ve got to concentrate on the things we have to do to improve our game.”
The Coyotes then removed their face plates to unveil a series of wires and electrodes.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)