May 2, 2012, 11:14 PM EDT
As any hardcore hockey fan will tell you, it’s not just about the goals and obvious highlights. The almost-there moments and big hits can be just as tantalizing as the moments that decide the game in a more literal sense.
Take this outstanding shift from Washington Capitals center Matt Hendricks for example. He lands a devastating (and clean) hit on New York Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh and then sends a pass that Troy Brouwer somehow fails to bury for the game-winner:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Yup, you can’t get much better than that without actually getting the deciding tally.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54