May 2, 2012, 11:14 PM EDT
As any hardcore hockey fan will tell you, it’s not just about the goals and obvious highlights. The almost-there moments and big hits can be just as tantalizing as the moments that decide the game in a more literal sense.
Take this outstanding shift from Washington Capitals center Matt Hendricks for example. He lands a devastating (and clean) hit on New York Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh and then sends a pass that Troy Brouwer somehow fails to bury for the game-winner:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Yup, you can’t get much better than that without actually getting the deciding tally.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 93
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)