May 2, 2012, 11:14 PM EDT
As any hardcore hockey fan will tell you, it’s not just about the goals and obvious highlights. The almost-there moments and big hits can be just as tantalizing as the moments that decide the game in a more literal sense.
Take this outstanding shift from Washington Capitals center Matt Hendricks for example. He lands a devastating (and clean) hit on New York Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh and then sends a pass that Troy Brouwer somehow fails to bury for the game-winner:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Yup, you can’t get much better than that without actually getting the deciding tally.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 17
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)