May 2, 2012, 6:26 PM EDT
For the Los Angeles Kings, what better way to celebrate the franchise’s first Stanley Cup championship* than with an exhibition game in Las Vegas!
The Kings announced today they’ll be playing their 15th preseason game in Sin City on Saturday, Sept. 29, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
This year’s game against the Colorado Avalanche – aka Frozen Fury 15 – will be the first in a new five-year contract between the Kings and MGM Grand Hotel & Casino.
The Kings played their first preseason contest at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in 1997 against Colorado.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 7
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)