May 2, 2012, 6:26 PM EDT
For the Los Angeles Kings, what better way to celebrate the franchise’s first Stanley Cup championship* than with an exhibition game in Las Vegas!
The Kings announced today they’ll be playing their 15th preseason game in Sin City on Saturday, Sept. 29, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
This year’s game against the Colorado Avalanche – aka Frozen Fury 15 – will be the first in a new five-year contract between the Kings and MGM Grand Hotel & Casino.
The Kings played their first preseason contest at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in 1997 against Colorado.
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 17
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)