May 2, 2012, 6:26 PM EDT
For the Los Angeles Kings, what better way to celebrate the franchise’s first Stanley Cup championship* than with an exhibition game in Las Vegas!
The Kings announced today they’ll be playing their 15th preseason game in Sin City on Saturday, Sept. 29, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
This year’s game against the Colorado Avalanche – aka Frozen Fury 15 – will be the first in a new five-year contract between the Kings and MGM Grand Hotel & Casino.
The Kings played their first preseason contest at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in 1997 against Colorado.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)