May 2, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
We’ll have to wait until tomorrow to find out if Blues defenseman Alex Pietrangelo will be able to suit up against the Kings at the Staples Center.
“If he feels OK tomorrow, and wants to give it a go, we’ll let him go,” said St. Louis coach Ken Hitchcock.
The Blues could’ve used their best defenseman Monday at home. Instead they lost the game 5-2 and fell behind 2-0 in their best-of-seven series with Los Angeles.
Pietrangelo was on the ice today for the entire practice and participated in all the drills, so there’s reason for Blues fans to be optimistic.
Not to mention, St. Louis needs to win four of five or its season’s over. Pretty hard to sit out when your team’s in such a serious bind.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63