May 2, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
We’ll have to wait until tomorrow to find out if Blues defenseman Alex Pietrangelo will be able to suit up against the Kings at the Staples Center.
“If he feels OK tomorrow, and wants to give it a go, we’ll let him go,” said St. Louis coach Ken Hitchcock.
The Blues could’ve used their best defenseman Monday at home. Instead they lost the game 5-2 and fell behind 2-0 in their best-of-seven series with Los Angeles.
Pietrangelo was on the ice today for the entire practice and participated in all the drills, so there’s reason for Blues fans to be optimistic.
Not to mention, St. Louis needs to win four of five or its season’s over. Pretty hard to sit out when your team’s in such a serious bind.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Chara suffers undisclosed issue, won’t return on Thursday 14
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)