May 2, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
We’ll have to wait until tomorrow to find out if Blues defenseman Alex Pietrangelo will be able to suit up against the Kings at the Staples Center.
“If he feels OK tomorrow, and wants to give it a go, we’ll let him go,” said St. Louis coach Ken Hitchcock.
The Blues could’ve used their best defenseman Monday at home. Instead they lost the game 5-2 and fell behind 2-0 in their best-of-seven series with Los Angeles.
Pietrangelo was on the ice today for the entire practice and participated in all the drills, so there’s reason for Blues fans to be optimistic.
Not to mention, St. Louis needs to win four of five or its season’s over. Pretty hard to sit out when your team’s in such a serious bind.
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 0
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 0
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 28
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 56
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 21
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 12
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 26
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)
- Cooke to play 1,000th game tomorrow (56)