May 2, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
We’ll have to wait until tomorrow to find out if Blues defenseman Alex Pietrangelo will be able to suit up against the Kings at the Staples Center.
“If he feels OK tomorrow, and wants to give it a go, we’ll let him go,” said St. Louis coach Ken Hitchcock.
The Blues could’ve used their best defenseman Monday at home. Instead they lost the game 5-2 and fell behind 2-0 in their best-of-seven series with Los Angeles.
Pietrangelo was on the ice today for the entire practice and participated in all the drills, so there’s reason for Blues fans to be optimistic.
Not to mention, St. Louis needs to win four of five or its season’s over. Pretty hard to sit out when your team’s in such a serious bind.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 0
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 29
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)