May 2, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
We’ll have to wait until tomorrow to find out if Blues defenseman Alex Pietrangelo will be able to suit up against the Kings at the Staples Center.
“If he feels OK tomorrow, and wants to give it a go, we’ll let him go,” said St. Louis coach Ken Hitchcock.
The Blues could’ve used their best defenseman Monday at home. Instead they lost the game 5-2 and fell behind 2-0 in their best-of-seven series with Los Angeles.
Pietrangelo was on the ice today for the entire practice and participated in all the drills, so there’s reason for Blues fans to be optimistic.
Not to mention, St. Louis needs to win four of five or its season’s over. Pretty hard to sit out when your team’s in such a serious bind.
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 2
- Here’s an (updated) list of available NHL coaching candidates 4
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 24
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 86
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 35
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 60
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 98
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 31
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (98)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (87)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months