May 2, 2012, 9:50 PM EST
At the precise time of this writing, the New York Rangers and Washington Capitals remain tied 1-1 midway through the third period in Game 3. You can point to plenty of moments that explain why this is the case, but this big save by Henrik Lundqvist (or only half-decent bit of execution by the Caps, depending on your take) is one of the reasons why.
In a way, it reminds me of those times when a basketball player is so open for a jumper that it’s almost to his detriment, perhaps explaining why it didn’t work out. Of course, scoring on Lundqvist is like landing a layup on vintage Dikembe Mutombo, so let’s judge less and enjoy more:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 2
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56