May 2, 2012, 4:25 PM EST
Amazingly, the hit didn’t seem to affect Penner, who was no worse for wear.
More amazingly, Penner liked being hit.
Liked it…a lot.
“It was a great hit. I haven’t been hit that hard in a while,” Penner told Helene Elliott of the L.A. Times. “It actually almost felt good, it was so pure.”
This admission is the latest in Penner’s series of playoff surprises. On the ice he’s scored two goals, notched four assists and posted a plus-five rating (fourth best on the team). He’s also throwing his weight around, playing with a passion that went missing for long stretches of the regular season.
“It’s good to see that emotional investment from Dustin, right?” said Kings head coach Darryl Sutter. “Good to see and good for him. I said it before the series, we need him to have a good series.”
Let the good times roll!
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 8
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 3
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 8
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 30
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 37
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 34
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (37)