May 2, 2012, 11:49 PM EST
For at least one night, Pekka Rinne was the best goalie on the ice in the Nashville Predators-Phoenix Coyotes series. A Mike Smith puckhandling gaffe opened the door for scoring and the Predators built an early 2-0 lead they never relinquished to get back in the series. Phoenix’s series lead shrinks to 2-1.
- Here’s the unavoidable question: should Barry Trotz indeed sit Alex Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn once again? If so, why?
- Coyotes fans: do you just have to live with Smith’s occasional miscues because he’s so talented at handling the puck or should he “rein it in” a bit?
- This was probably the first game in the series that really followed the script we expected in this series: one team (the Predators) built an early lead and managed to nurse it to victory. Which team is better suited for such a style? (I know it’s splitting hairs.)
- Where do you rank “throwing catfish” in the fan interaction power rankings?
- Finally, how “back in” the series do you think Nashville really is. Will they turn it around and win the series or will the Coyotes overwhelm them?
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 10
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 18
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 62
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (161)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)