May 1, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Since we’ve reached the point where John Tortorella conducting a presser is infinitely more interesting than the actual presser, it’s not surprising a reporter finally asked him about it.
Here’s the blow-by-blow from Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News:
Reporter: “Are you this way with us just because you don’t like dealing with us?”
Reporter: “Or is there a strategy behind not …”
Tortorella: “What are you being a wise a**?”
Reporter: “No, I’m being sincere.”
Tortorella: “I’m being sincere, too. I’m not gonna give you much information. Some of you guys sit here and tell me I’m curt or whatever. I’m not gonna have a staring contest. If you don’t ask me questions, I’ll just leave. So that’s the way it is. I’m sorry I’m not a guy that wants to converse about everything during the playoffs. I’m not.
A reporter then asked if Gaborik had one of his better games on Monday night, to which Tortorella replied, “He was OK.”
I imagine this Tortorella v. Media situation will keeping getting more meta/self aware, until it eventually spawns into an episode of Community.
Here’s video of the presser.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 4
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 11
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 12
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4