May 1, 2012, 5:44 PM EST
Since we’ve reached the point where John Tortorella conducting a presser is infinitely more interesting than the actual presser, it’s not surprising a reporter finally asked him about it.
Here’s the blow-by-blow from Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News:
Reporter: “Are you this way with us just because you don’t like dealing with us?”
Reporter: “Or is there a strategy behind not …”
Tortorella: “What are you being a wise a**?”
Reporter: “No, I’m being sincere.”
Tortorella: “I’m being sincere, too. I’m not gonna give you much information. Some of you guys sit here and tell me I’m curt or whatever. I’m not gonna have a staring contest. If you don’t ask me questions, I’ll just leave. So that’s the way it is. I’m sorry I’m not a guy that wants to converse about everything during the playoffs. I’m not.
A reporter then asked if Gaborik had one of his better games on Monday night, to which Tortorella replied, “He was OK.”
I imagine this Tortorella v. Media situation will keeping getting more meta/self aware, until it eventually spawns into an episode of Community.
Here’s video of the presser.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)