May 1, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Since we’ve reached the point where John Tortorella conducting a presser is infinitely more interesting than the actual presser, it’s not surprising a reporter finally asked him about it.
Here’s the blow-by-blow from Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News:
Reporter: “Are you this way with us just because you don’t like dealing with us?”
Reporter: “Or is there a strategy behind not …”
Tortorella: “What are you being a wise a**?”
Reporter: “No, I’m being sincere.”
Tortorella: “I’m being sincere, too. I’m not gonna give you much information. Some of you guys sit here and tell me I’m curt or whatever. I’m not gonna have a staring contest. If you don’t ask me questions, I’ll just leave. So that’s the way it is. I’m sorry I’m not a guy that wants to converse about everything during the playoffs. I’m not.
A reporter then asked if Gaborik had one of his better games on Monday night, to which Tortorella replied, “He was OK.”
I imagine this Tortorella v. Media situation will keeping getting more meta/self aware, until it eventually spawns into an episode of Community.
Here’s video of the presser.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)