May 1, 2012, 5:09 PM EDT
Predators forward Alex Radulov spoke to the media today after the team announced that he, along with fellow forward Andrei Kostitsyn, would miss tomorrow’s Game 3 against Phoenix for breaking team rules.
Via The Tennessean, here’s what Radulov had to say for himself:
On the team’s decision for him to sit tomorrow…
Radulov: “It’s between me and [general manager] David Poile. I’m going to get out there for our whole team, for all of the guys, and support and do what I can do for myself. Hopefully, those guys can get out there and win – get game three. That whole situation – I don’t really want to get into it. I don’t think it’s good [to get into it]. Hopefully, everything is going to go well for our team and we’ll battle through it.”
On whether he’s talked to the team…
Radulov: “I did. It’s been a whole situation about it. It was something that was wrong, but something that it wasn’t really the way it was. Again I don’t want to get into it and try to prove anything. It was something that I didn’t do right, but, like I said before, something wasn’t right. They brought it up – not on our team, the people. I don’t want to talk about those people who did that – let it be on their side. It is just the way it is.”
On whether he knew he was breaking a team rule…
Radulov: “Yeah. I didn’t come back that late – the same. But like I said before, I don’t want to talk about it. They did what they have to do. I’m good with that. I’m disappointed and understand what is my mistake. I really hope that everything is going to work out for our team better and if I get a chance to play again, maybe in the future, I’ll do what it will take to help the team to win and basically that is it.”
So let’s get this straight — Radulov admits he broke team rules, but he didn’t break them as badly as people have been saying? Is that the gist of things?
It’s been reported that Radulov and Kostitsyn were spotted in Scottsdale at 4am Saturday morning, which would make it 13 hours before Game 2 in Glendale.
But maybe it wasn’t “that late.”
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54