May 1, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT
Things couldn’t have gone any more poorly for the Nashville Predators in the first two games of their series with Phoenix. They’re back at home and down 2-0 with a desperate need to defend home ice.
Predators coach Barry Trotz tells John Glennon of The Tennessean there could be some changes to the lineup on the way tonight and you can’t really fault him if there are.
“Our best players have to be our best players. I’d say so far that’s not the case,” he said. “We’re getting beat with a little of our own formula — some good goaltending, a healthy dose of team defense and a healthy dose of work ethic. We’ve got to get back to our identity a little bit.”
Trotz says he’s not sure yet if he’ll make changes for tonight’s game but admits, “There’s a lot of guys you could flip out” of the lineup. With guys like Alexander Radulov and Kevin Klein having miserable performances through the first couple games, they seem like the top choices to sit out should Trotz look to make a move.
Whatever the decision is, it’s got to be right as Nashville is in a must-win situation.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 2
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 22
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)