May 1, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT
Things couldn’t have gone any more poorly for the Nashville Predators in the first two games of their series with Phoenix. They’re back at home and down 2-0 with a desperate need to defend home ice.
Predators coach Barry Trotz tells John Glennon of The Tennessean there could be some changes to the lineup on the way tonight and you can’t really fault him if there are.
“Our best players have to be our best players. I’d say so far that’s not the case,” he said. “We’re getting beat with a little of our own formula — some good goaltending, a healthy dose of team defense and a healthy dose of work ethic. We’ve got to get back to our identity a little bit.”
Trotz says he’s not sure yet if he’ll make changes for tonight’s game but admits, “There’s a lot of guys you could flip out” of the lineup. With guys like Alexander Radulov and Kevin Klein having miserable performances through the first couple games, they seem like the top choices to sit out should Trotz look to make a move.
Whatever the decision is, it’s got to be right as Nashville is in a must-win situation.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7