May 1, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT
Things couldn’t have gone any more poorly for the Nashville Predators in the first two games of their series with Phoenix. They’re back at home and down 2-0 with a desperate need to defend home ice.
Predators coach Barry Trotz tells John Glennon of The Tennessean there could be some changes to the lineup on the way tonight and you can’t really fault him if there are.
“Our best players have to be our best players. I’d say so far that’s not the case,” he said. “We’re getting beat with a little of our own formula — some good goaltending, a healthy dose of team defense and a healthy dose of work ethic. We’ve got to get back to our identity a little bit.”
Trotz says he’s not sure yet if he’ll make changes for tonight’s game but admits, “There’s a lot of guys you could flip out” of the lineup. With guys like Alexander Radulov and Kevin Klein having miserable performances through the first couple games, they seem like the top choices to sit out should Trotz look to make a move.
Whatever the decision is, it’s got to be right as Nashville is in a must-win situation.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 4
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)