May 1, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT
Things couldn’t have gone any more poorly for the Nashville Predators in the first two games of their series with Phoenix. They’re back at home and down 2-0 with a desperate need to defend home ice.
Predators coach Barry Trotz tells John Glennon of The Tennessean there could be some changes to the lineup on the way tonight and you can’t really fault him if there are.
“Our best players have to be our best players. I’d say so far that’s not the case,” he said. “We’re getting beat with a little of our own formula — some good goaltending, a healthy dose of team defense and a healthy dose of work ethic. We’ve got to get back to our identity a little bit.”
Trotz says he’s not sure yet if he’ll make changes for tonight’s game but admits, “There’s a lot of guys you could flip out” of the lineup. With guys like Alexander Radulov and Kevin Klein having miserable performances through the first couple games, they seem like the top choices to sit out should Trotz look to make a move.
Whatever the decision is, it’s got to be right as Nashville is in a must-win situation.
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 4
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 9
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 20
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 36
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 33
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 88
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)