May 1, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT
Things couldn’t have gone any more poorly for the Nashville Predators in the first two games of their series with Phoenix. They’re back at home and down 2-0 with a desperate need to defend home ice.
Predators coach Barry Trotz tells John Glennon of The Tennessean there could be some changes to the lineup on the way tonight and you can’t really fault him if there are.
“Our best players have to be our best players. I’d say so far that’s not the case,” he said. “We’re getting beat with a little of our own formula — some good goaltending, a healthy dose of team defense and a healthy dose of work ethic. We’ve got to get back to our identity a little bit.”
Trotz says he’s not sure yet if he’ll make changes for tonight’s game but admits, “There’s a lot of guys you could flip out” of the lineup. With guys like Alexander Radulov and Kevin Klein having miserable performances through the first couple games, they seem like the top choices to sit out should Trotz look to make a move.
Whatever the decision is, it’s got to be right as Nashville is in a must-win situation.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)